REGISTERING FOR MEMBERSHIP ON UPLAND JOURNAL Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
Ben Hong

Play the Gypsy

Ben Hong
Subban would be the perfect Broon !

:ghostface:  :ghostface:  Omigawd!! I will now have nightmares over this scenario for years! :laugh:

MN Tonester

Steve Ott whats wrong with hockey...

Indeed.  He gives goons a bad name

Ben Hong
Steve Ott whats wrong with hockey...

Indeed.  He gives goons a bad name

Prototypical Broon!

MN Tonester

not trying to hijack thread but this was too good a story on Ott:

Puck Daddy

Steve Ott is a rodeo clown: Report

Greg Wyshynski By Greg Wyshynski

St Louis Blues v Minnesota Wild - Game Three

The St. Louis Blues are down 2-1 to the Minnesota Wild after their Game 3 shutout loss, which is shocking when you consider Steve Ott’s contribution to the Blues’ Cup quest thus far: 22 penalty minutes, zero points and two shots on goal. Oh, and 8:13 in ice time in Game 1.

‘Twas a time when Ott was an effective pest and depth player for the Dallas Stars and the Buffalo Sabres. But in two seasons with the Blues, he’s had three goals and 12 assists in one hundred and one games.

Jim Souhan is a columnist for the Star-Tribune. He’s taken notice of Ott’s, shall we say, underwhelming play in this series. And he went rip city on him after Game 3:

Wild fans will want to treat Steve Ott as a villain. He’s not. Villains are frightening. Ott is more like junk mail — annoying but meaningless, and soon to be stuffed in the proper recycling bin.

If the St. Louis Blues were intelligent, they would be feeding off the talent of Vladimir Tarasenko. Instead, they are feeding off the idiocy of Ott, a supposed enforcer who plays like a child, holding sticks and patting heads instead of just once hitting someone square.

When Ott actually had a chance to help his team with a third-period breakaway, he lost the puck, then fanned on a pass in the crease. He’s not a hockey player; he’s a rodeo clown.

Sometimes Ott mimics a tough guy late in games, when the hockey portion of the evening has ended. Monday, with his team down by three goals in the waning moments, he jumped on the smallest player in the game, Jared Spurgeon.

For Ott’s next act of bravery, he will taunt a sleeping kitten.

Ott was given a roughing minor against Jared Spurgeon at 19:02 of the 3-0 loss, and was also given a misconduct. Devan Dubnyk of the Wild said he saw Ott trying to pull apart Spurgeon’s face. “I could see his hand scratching at his face, so I just don’t want Spurgy to get hurt and I wouldn’t be surprised if that’s what he was trying to do,” he said, via the Star Tribune.

Perhaps this could be passed off as the media from an opposing city targeting one player unfairly, but that would ignore the fact that the only people who hate Steve Ott more than Minnesotans are … Blues fans.

Witness St. Louis Game Time’s epic “38 Videos of a Bad Hockey Player; Or, The Sordid History of Steve Ott and the St. Louis Blues” takedown:

Barring such a glorious miracle, we need to hope one of Ott's dumb penalties or incompetent plays doesn't cost his team a playoff game or series. It's my deepest fear. Having worked so hard to dispel the notion of "grit," having known from the second Ott arrived in St. Louis that he would create trouble for the franchise I love, if he costs the Blues in the playoffs, it might actually kill me.

Well, luckily the Blues were already going to lose when the “rodeo clown” strapped on the spurs.

Tom Avent

Well.....did not see Detroit giving Tampa Bay that much competition. I need to start watching some of that series.

Looks like the Caps are going down to their usual 7 games. The games are definitely taking some years off my life......but what a way to lose years......damn good hockey!

dogrunner
Wings Shut em out.  :oops:

Marc

Sadly two Canadian teams could exit the playoffs tonight - and one Canadien team would move on.  

(I would then be required to root for the Habs. :ghostface: Not that I haven't before. :p Just jumping from one band wagon to another.)

Ben Hong
(I would then be required to root for the Habs. :ghostface: Not that I haven't before. :p Just jumping from one band wagon to another.)

Lots of room on the Habs Bandwagon, always is.

I watched a lot of Tampa-Detroit last night, and I cannot believe that the Bolts are going down that easy. "MCGill" Mike Babcock is out coaching his counterpart by a country mile!

NYR is firing on all cylinders, will Sid and Gang have the goods to go further?

Caps/NYI is exciting to watch, but (???).

Tonight the Habs complete the sweep, unless the Molsons want an extra gate, (approx. $75M) to build that cottage!!

Big Al
Wings Shut em out.  :oops:

Now that the Wings are overconfident, watch out. :D

Tom Avent

Ha!!!!!!!! Okposo calls Wilson an idiot. Tavares claims the puck wasn't close(the puck was right there and had just come off Visnovsky blade).

Just because Wilson flattened Visnovsky with a CLEAN hit. Bunch of whining crybabys IMHO! After all, it is a contact sport.

It looks like simple physics to me. Wilson - 6'4" 210 lbs vs. Visnosky - 5'10" 192lbs.

Maybe the league needs to penalize the Islanders management for fielding a team of undersized whimps.

I don't like the pesky/goonish/punkish behavoir in hockey, but that was good clean hockey.

vagrousehunter

Ha!!!!!!!! Okposo calls Wilson an idiot. Tavares claims the puck wasn't close(the puck was right there and had just come off Visnovsky blade).

Just because Wilson flattened Visnovsky with a CLEAN hit. Bunch of whining crybabys IMHO! After all, it is a contact sport.

It looks like simple physics to me. Wilson - 6'4" 210 lbs vs. Visnosky - 5'10" 192lbs.

Maybe the league needs to penalize the Islanders management for fielding a team of undersized whimps.

I don't like the pesky/goonish/punkish behavoir in hockey, but that was good clean hockey.

Plus Visnovsky tried to duck the hit.

I cannot believe how nervous I am about tonight's game.  Those darn Caps are giving their fans that blasted thing called hope.  When will we ever learn ?

Tom Avent

THIS is where, historically, the Caps kill us by getting cocky and blowing a great game by going out and laying 2 eggs and losing the series.

However.....In Trotz we trust....In Trotz we trust....In Trotz we trust

Boy, did the Caps really get into the Islanders heads though. They tried a run at Wilson in the first 5 minutes and Anders Lee got his ass kicked. Then 2 of them get ejected in the last few minutes for STUPID slashing of Laich. Not smart play-off hockey.

vagrousehunter
THIS is where, historically, the Caps kill us by getting cocky and blowing a great game by going out and laying 2 eggs and losing the series.

However.....In Trotz we trust....In Trotz we trust....In Trotz we trust

Boy, did the Caps really get into the Islanders heads though. They tried a run at Wilson in the first 5 minutes and Anders Lee got his ass kicked. Then 2 of them get ejected in the last few minutes for STUPID slashing of Laich. Not smart play-off hockey.

Kuznetzov was the best player on the ice.  5-1 and zero points from Ovechkin/Backstrom.  That is the kind of secondary scoring that we need.

Good to see the Bolts rally late and tie the series.  Go  Southeast Division !

MN Tonester

If the St. Louis Blues were intelligent, they would be feeding off the talent of Vladimir Tarasenko.

apparently someone in St. Louis read this column and applied the advice.  Hope the Wild skate a bit faster and lay a few more hits tonight

Pomoxis
If the St. Louis Blues were intelligent, they would be feeding off the talent of Vladimir Tarasenko.

apparently someone in St. Louis read this column and applied the advice.  Hope the Wild skate a bit faster and lay a few more hits tonight

The real Blues team showed up on Wednesday. If they play like that every game, they will make a deep run. I am sticking to my guns in that I don't see anyone stopping Anaheim or this re-energized Blues team.