REGISTERING FOR MEMBERSHIP ON UPLAND JOURNAL Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
Brad Eden

TRIVA QUIZ

UglyD
Dianna Rigg (Emma Peel) and who ?

Virgil Kane
On an episode of the Beverly Hillbillies Jethro and Jed were shooting at a stone fence on their estate 100 yards away when Mr Drysdale pulled up and asked them what they were shooting at on the stone fence.

What were Jethro and Jed shooting at on the fence?

They were shooting flies.  But as they said, "We's just wingin' 'em."

Correct, they were shooting flys.

Wildcat
A rock and roll musical group was on an episode of Gilligan's Island.

What was the name of the group?

What were the names of 4 men in the group?

Mosquitos

Ringo, Rango, Bingo, Irving?????

ccavacini

Speaking of...

Was reading the thread on TN hunting and Crossville was mentioned.

What great American hero was born close to Crossville?

ScottGrush
Audie Murphy

DAP

Mosquitos

Close . . .

Bingo, Bango, Bongo and Irving.

Wildcat

Mosquitos

Close . . .

Bingo, Bango, Bongo and Irving.

LOLOL, I gotta tell my wife, she is a huge fan of Gilligan Island, she will be impressed I got that close to the names using my fading memory!!

Cooter Brown

Speaking of...

Was reading the thread on TN hunting and Crossville was mentioned.

What great American hero was born close to Crossville?

Alvin York.  When I was a kid I had a buddy who moved to Crossville.  Mr. York's wife was still alive and living in their home and we'd see her working in her garden.

By the way, in the movie there's a scene with a sign pointing to Possum Trot.  It's a real place.

Cooter Brown
Who are the only two "Bond girl" actresses who were older than the actor who played Bond?  And other than that link, what else do the two have in common?

Since someone else mentioned "Maverick"--no answers to these?  Hint:  The actor who played English cousin Beau Maverick went on to be a pretty big movie star.  And no guesses on the Bond girls?  Hint:  They're the same nationality (although that's not what I'm looking for that they have in common), and they're not American.

The Bond girl question is pretty tough, so I'll toss out a BIG hint:  They both starred in a TV show.  In fact, the SAME TV show.  One of them replaced the other in that show.

Halle Berry was not one of them.  Pierce Brosnan was a lot older than that in "Die Another Day".

This one's tough, so more hints:  Think older, "classic" Bond.  And the two Bond girls in question were British; both starred in a British TV spy series from the 60's.

Diana Rigg (yummy) and Honor Blackman (yummy).

They were both on The Avengers.  Rigg replaced Blackman, if I remember correctly.

Ben Hong
Honour Blackman played Pussy Galore the aviatrix in Goldfinger. Once she flew upside down and had crack up!

Larry Brown
This one's tough, so more hints:  Think older, "classic" Bond.  And the two Bond girls in question were British; both starred in a British TV spy series from the 60's.

Diana Rigg (yummy) and Honor Blackman (yummy).

They were both on The Avengers.  Rigg replaced Blackman, if I remember correctly.

Good work!  I'm not sure "The Avengers" had made it to American TV yet when Honor Blackman was the female lead.  But she went off to play Pussy Galore, and lovely Diana Rigg replaced her.  Honor is older than Connery.  And Diana was the big name in "On Her Majesty's Secret Service", because that was the movie with unknown George Lazenby as Bond--although he did a decent job.

Now back to the pitcher/basketball player who played for both a winning World Series team and also won several NBA championships:  Boston was the city (Celtics), but his World Series ring came after the Braves moved to Milwaukee.  Expect you'd have to be a pretty serious Braves fan (my dad was, when they were in Milwaukee) or Celtics fan to come up with his name.

Larry Brown

Here's an easier one:  Who was Hollywood's first pick to play Indiana Jones?  If you know the answer, you probably also know why he turned down the role.

And a little tougher:  Can anyone name all of the "Magnificent Seven"?  And who is the only one still alive today?

Steve Sutton

Tom Selleck  on the Indiana Jones...and because it conflicted with filming Magnum PI.....

Can't name all of the seven but I do believe Robert Vaughn is the only one still alive.....

Steve

Larry Brown

Good work, Steve.  Selleck had already committed to "Magnum".  But as it turned out, filming was delayed--and he could have done both.  They did a "Magnum" episode entitled "Raiders of the Lost Art" with Selleck doing his best Indiana Jones impersonation.

You're right on Robert Vaughn as well.  I can always get 6 of the 7 right, but really have to scratch my head to remember the last one.

Larry Brown
Looks like no one is going to get the Braves pitcher/Celtics player.  A lot of people remember Spahn and Burdette.  Gene Conley was the pitcher who also played for the Celtics.