TRIVA QUIZ

Trivia Quiz just for kicks.

The RULES are NO Googling or web searching for answer/info.

On a popular TV show from the early 60's who was Ernest T Bass?

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Steve Sutton

• Larry Brown

• M. R. Byrd

• Cooter Brown

He was on the Andy Griffith Show in some episodes that featured the Darling Family, some hill folk musicians, played by real life bluegrass band The Dillards.

He was a trouble maker out to court Charlene the Darling sister, but she was already promised. He kept trying to romance her away and even tried resorting to kidnapping in the episode " Mountain Wedding."

Our band plays some of the Dillard's songs and know the "Darling Episodes" line for line. Literally.

In the original Darling episode the family comes riding in to town in a beat up old truck and have to fill the radiator out of the horse trough, using his hat.

Andy tells Mr. Darling, played by Denver Pyle, that he's in violation of a town ordinance which states that horse troughs are for horses only.

Mr. Darling looks all around and says "There ain't a horse in sight, but if one comes 'round I'll give him the right of way".

One of my favorite lines.

MN Tonester
there was a farmer who let me hunt on some of his land...He could have been Ernest T's twin brother - same look; same laugh, but he was a pretty nice guy

The actor that portrayed Ernest was actually a director for the show, and Ernest appeared in only 5 episodes, I believe.

My favorite line was when Ernest tossed a love note through a window to his sweetie, and Andy asked him how it worked.

"Caught'er right'chere," Ernest said, indicating his forehead.  "She went and married the veterinarian whut sewed her up."

Or at least that's how I remember it.  Haven't watched an episode in years but Ernest was one of TV's most memorable characters, done in only 5 episodes.

In one of the Darling episodes, Ernest T. was played by Bob Denver of Gilligan's Island fame. But in my opinion his performance didn't come close to the job Howard Morris did with that role.

I believe you can still by the Ernest T. Bass Tee Shirts. They have his picture on it that says "It's Me, It's Me, It's Ernest T."

Good job! The Andy Griffith show wth first episode with Ernest T Bass was on TV today. Best rock thrower in the county! Too funny.

So, anyone else have a Trivia Question?

Remember NO GOOGLING/WEB SEARCHING.

I'll play

what was the name of the Star Trek episode which featured small furry critters which inundated the Enterprise, and which NCC version of the Enterprise was inundated and who was the Captain?

I'll play

what was the name of the Star Trek episode which featured small furry critters which inundated the Enterprise, and which NCC version of the Enterprise was inundated and who was the Captain?

I believe the episode name is "The Trouble With Tribbles".  The Capt. is James T. Kirk.  I believe the # is NCC-1701.  It was the first version used on the original series.  The series with William Shatner and Leonard Nimoy.

I am full of useless information but most of it is too worthless for any of you to know.

Here is one:

What was the name of Dudley Do-Right's horse?

I am full of useless information but most of it is too worthless for any of you to know.

Here is one:

What was the name of Dudley Do-Right's horse?

I know it's not Nell...I think that was Dudley's girlfriend's name

The day the music died.

Buddy Holly

Richie Valens  

And....

who was going to go, but didn't

What was the name of the theme song on M.A.S.H?

"Suicide is dangerous."