TRIVA QUIZ

Cooter Brown

Name the cars (and if you can, the proper order or model year) of Maxwell Smart's cars...

Was one of Maxwell Smart's cars a Sunbeam?

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Steve Sutton

• Larry Brown

• M. R. Byrd

• Cooter Brown

Cooter Brown

How 'bout we get off the boobtube for a minute and go highbrow with some poetry:

What inspired Hank Williams' "Kaw-Liga", and where is it located?

Larry Brown
I think that was the day he jumped off the bridge.

No takers on the Magnificent Seven actors?  Name as many as you can.  The group will probably get there, collectively.

And can anyone complete this movie line:  "Two bits, four bits, six bits, a peso . . . "  If you can, you undoubtedly know the movie.

"...all for Zorro, stand up and say so."

George Hamilton, Zorro the gay blade.  One of those great comedies that not many people know about.

Hilarious!  George Hamilton as Zorro twins . . . one gay, one straight.  The gay one uses a whip instead of a sword.

Don't know that it would get made today.  But I think that movie and "Love at First Bite" were the high points of Hamilton's career.

Larry Brown
Ben and Steve finally teamed up to get the 7.  Brad Dexter is the really tough one.  Buchholz made a pretty funny Cold War comedy called "One Two Three", starring Cagney as the head of Coca Cola in Berlin.  Not as good as either "Strangelove" or "The Russians are Coming", but makes good fun of that period in history.
Dakota Dogman

No takers on the 1979 western yet?  Along side of Arnold Schwarzenegger, Ann-Margret and Kurt Douglas as Cactus Jack...

Arnold was carrying his "7 shot 6 shooter"...

God Bless,

Steve Sutton

Dakota. I missed your post as  wing a question.  

THE VILLIAN.     Kirk Douglas as a Human Wiley Coyote.  Ahhhnulde, complete with Prince Valiant styled black hair as the bumbling oaf who somehow can't lose and Anne Margaret as the "luscious bosom", and a compilation of every heroine from Polly Purebred to Nell to that cutie that played Wayne's savior in ANGEL AND THE BAD MAN.   Her name for the next trivia question.

Mel Tillis as the telegrapher was as good a gag as any ever done IMO.

Steve

Larry Brown

Speaking of the Duke . . . John Wayne had famous fights with the same actor (pretty well-known) in two movies, over 20 years apart.  The first one was a war movie, the 2nd a Western.  Who was the actor, and what were the movies?

The Duke was born in Iowa.  When Iowa Public TV is doing their fundraising drive, they often feature some kind of retrospective piece about Wayne.  One of those featured a reporter who knew the Duke pretty well.  Seems that he was in Mexico, where the Duke was making a movie.  Wayne had a bit too much to drink, got in a fight with his wife (don't remember which, but she was a Latina)--who locked the Duke out of his hotel room.  Wayne proceeded to kick down the door.

The next morning he's hung over, drinking coffee with his friend the reporter, reflecting on his behavior of the previous night.  "Joe, what will my fans think?" the remorseful Duke asks the reporter.  "Duke," replies the reporter, "YOUR fans will think you shoulda kicked the door down!"

Steve Sutton

Two of the his best brawls IMO were with Lee Marvin.....on in Donavon's Reef and the other in the Commanchero's....I don't recall Donovan's Reef being a War Movie though so you're likely talking about someone else....

I always liked the pairing of Wayne and Marvin and if I'm not mistaken Marvin was the only "major" actor that Wayne killed in more than one movie, (I say "major" because its likely he killed stuntman Ylkima Kanut well over a couple of hundred times).....taking him out in both The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance and The Commachero's.......(nobody died like Marvin and these two were two of his finest).....

By the way the wife's name was Pilar....

Steve

strato-caster
Yes, one of Maxwell Smart's cars was a Sunbeam... there are at least two, if not three, more.
Larry Brown
Not Mitchum or Marvin . . . but both good guesses.  This guy is not quite as well-known as that pair.  The war movie I'm thinking of, Wayne played a Marine sergeant.  The other one, 20+ years later, is a Western--more closely based on real history than most of the Duke's Westerns.
northern_hunting_mom
The foundation sire of the Morgan horse breed.... what was his name? What was the first name of his owner?