TRIVA QUIZ

Steve Sutton

Larry......most memorable Sargent roll was Stryker in Sands of Iwo Jima......

That means it has to be Forrest Tucker......and the Western would be Chisum.....

Right?.....

Steve

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Steve Sutton

• Larry Brown

• M. R. Byrd

• Cooter Brown

In the Popeye episode where Popeye goes to rescue his dad 'Poopdeck Pappy' from the natives on the tropical island, what was the name of the tribe of evil natives?
Cooter Brown
Who said, "..you are a Virginian, and a Virginian should appear at the head of this business", to whom was it said, and what "business" was he refering to?
Gunflint Charlie
In the episode of "Wagon Train" directed by John Ford, who portrayed William Tecumseh Sherman and was credited under a pseudonym?
A lake...in Alabama......

Steve

Both close but as they say no cigar...

"Kowaliga" is a place in Alabama.  I believe Hank was dead when they released this song.

Here's an easy one.

"They call me....Tim."

Oh, great...Tim

Monty Python and the Holy Grail.  

Consult the book of armaments.

MN Tonester

directed by John Ford, who portrayed William Tecumseh Sherman and was credited under a pseudonym?

John Ford = John Wayne?

Larry Brown
Larry......most memorable Sargent roll was Stryker in Sands of Iwo Jima......

That means it has to be Forrest Tucker......and the Western would be Chisum.....

Right?.....

Steve

Nice work, Steve!  You got it.  The Duke caught an Oscar nomination for "Sands of Iwo Jima".

First time I saw "Chisum", I was in Morocco and it was dubbed in French.  You ain't experienced nothing until you hear the Duke say "Distribuez les Winchesters!" . . . in a voice about 2 octaves too high.  And Mexican rustlers who speak French with a Spanish accent.  After the Kid shot about 5 of those rustlers, one of the Duke's cowboys asks another one "Who is that guy?"  Answer:  "C'est Billy le Kid!"  At which point about half the Moroccans in attendance went:  "Oh . . . Billy le Kid!"

Gunflint Charlie
directed by John Ford, who portrayed William Tecumseh Sherman and was credited under a pseudonym?

John Ford = John Wayne?

Yes, great guess. Credited as Michael Morris -- a variation on his real name, Marion Michael Morrison.

Jay

Larry Brown
I suppose, since we did the Magnificent Seven, I could toss out a challenge to name the Dirty Dozen--but that's WAY tough.  Try this one:  Which one of the Dirty Dozen--better known as a singer than an actor--didn't make it to the final scene where they attack the chateau?  (In the movie, killed when his parachute tangled in a tree.  In real life, filming took too long and he had to drop out.)
I suppose, since we did the Magnificent Seven, I could toss out a challenge to name the Dirty Dozen--but that's WAY tough.  Try this one:  Which one of the Dirty Dozen--better known as a singer than an actor--didn't make it to the final scene where they attack the chateau?  (In the movie, killed when his parachute tangled in a tree.  In real life, filming took too long and he had to drop out.)

Trini Lopez

The Dirty Dozen was the coming out party for Donald Sutherland. His "inspection of the troops" turned the movie from a run of the mill, blood and guts, Yankee hero movie to an enjoyable bit of entertainment. Enough editorializing:

Lee Marvin, Jim Brown, Charles Bronson, Telly Savalas, Borgnine, Trini Lopez (a favourite singer of mine at the time), John Casavetes, Clint walker, George Kennedy, Robert Ryan, Donald Sutherland.

My brain is now dry.

Steve Sutton

The actual DIRTY DOZEN would be really tough I think....

Marvin and Richard Jaeckel were Commanding Officer and Marvin's Sargent so not "technically" part of the "dirty dozen"........Borgnine, Kennedy and Ryan as well....

Ben got seven of them....and I don't think any of the remainders were "actors of note"........

Funny stuff on the "dubbed" Soundtrack Larry.....Lez Billeee Le Keed......funny.....

Steve