TRIVA QUIZ

Larry Brown

I also liked Trini Lopez back then.  I seem to recall that he sang "Lemon Tree" in the movie.

Sutherland was funny as hell as "the general".

I believe Ben got as many of the Dozen as I can remember.

How many different actors can you name who've played Dracula?  (Let's stick with "talkies" only.)  I can come up with 6, and I think I'm missing some more modern versions.

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Steve Sutton

• Larry Brown

• M. R. Byrd

• Cooter Brown

Steve Sutton

I an go a dozen on that one...and that doesn't include any of the VampTwit's from Twilight or some very good ones from TRue Blood......

Vampire movies are my wife's favorites anshe could likely add a dozen more easily......

Don't forget such notables as Leslie Neilson and George Hamilton and Jack Palance, (who was funnier than Neilson and Hamilton put together though he wasn't trying to be).....

Steve

Gunflint Charlie
I an go a dozen on that one...and that doesn't include any of the VampTwit's from Twilight or some very good ones from TRue Blood......

Vampire movies are my wife's favorites anshe could likely add a dozen more easily......

Don't forget such notables as Leslie Neilson and George Hamilton and Jack Palance, (who was funnier than Neilson and Hamilton put together though he wasn't trying to be).....

Steve

Frank Langella among your dozen Steve?

Steve Sutton

Bella Lagosi

Frank Langela

Peter Cushing

Christopher Lee

Gary Oldman

Basil Rathbone

Lon Chaney

John Carradine

Jack Palance

Johnny Depp

Tom Cruise

Rutger Hauer

George Hamilton

Leslie Neilson

Chris Sarandon

Colin Ferrill

And does Bill Nighy in the Underworld Series count?....not specifically called DRACULA he's the BOSS BAD ASS of the Vampires IN THE WORLD....

And while not actually DRACULA himself PeeWeeHerman made an "excellent" comedic Vampire....

Steve

Speaking of Monty Python finish this line:

Better get a bucket...

I'm going to throw up.

Mr Creosote.

Steve

There was a vampire skit on Saturday Night Live a couple of decades ago wherein James Wood played Count Dracula. That was the funniest 5 minutes about the bloodsucker that I have ever seen. I wonder if it is google-able?

Hamilton was also excellent..."Children of the night...SHUT UP!!!"

P.S. The Wood's scene as Dracula is called "Dracula and Aids" and I think it's on youtube.

RafterBoy,

Excellent.

What was the name of the character that said that line?

Larry Brown
Bella Lagosi

Frank Langela

Peter Cushing

Christopher Lee

Gary Oldman

Basil Rathbone

Lon Chaney

John Carradine

Jack Palance

Johnny Depp

Tom Cruise

Rutger Hauer

George Hamilton

Leslie Neilson

Chris Sarandon

Colin Ferrill

And does Bill Nighy in the Underworld Series count?....not specifically called DRACULA he's the BOSS BAD ASS of the Vampires IN THE WORLD....

And while not actually DRACULA himself PeeWeeHerman made an "excellent" comedic Vampire....

Steve

I remember Cushing in 2 or 3 Dracula movies, but I think they all had Christopher Lee as Dracula.  I think Lee may have played Dracula in more movies than anyone, with the possible exception of Bela.

Steve, are you sure on Depp?  He played Barnabas from "Dark Shadows" but I don't recall him as Dracula.  Don't think I've ever seen Lon Chaney as Dracula either.  The Wolf Man, for sure.

I remember Lugosi playing the villain in a serial adventure from the WWII era:  "SOS Coast Guard".  Bela must have said--with that wonderful accent of his:  "Ve have to get rid of that nosy Coast Guard lieutenant" about 15 times.

If I remember correctly Peter Cushing played opposite Christopher Lee in several Hammer Films.  Christopher Lee played Dracula and Peter Cushing  played VanHelsing the vampire hunter.  I cannot recall a single film where Cushing played Dracula.  Perhaps, someone else can supply a movie title where he did.
RafterBoy,

Excellent.

What was the name of the character that said that line?

Mr Creosote, played by Terry Jones.

A waffffer thin after dinner mint......

Gunflint Charlie

I well remember Tom Cruise playing the vampire Lestat in "Interview With The Vampire", but in what movie did he play the part of Dracula?

Jay

Steve Sutton

My mistake on several as pointed out.....

Cruise, Barnabus and Cushing were all incorrect....

Knew I should have consulted the wife on the list before I posted.......

Debby says add

Louis Jardan

Gerard Butler

And the newest Dracula- Luke Evans who made the leap from a Hobbit to the first Father of them all.....

Thanks for the corrections.....

Steve

Cooter Brown

Who put the bop in the bob shoo bop?

Who put the ram in the ramalama dingdong?

Jeeze Cooter, you are really digging now. In the fall of '61 I was waiting for my travel papers to start my officer's training in the Canadian Army, and while killing time I gave a buddy a hand selling Fuller Brush. That damn song played over and over and over.

Barry Mann is your man!

I don't know, but would you like to shake his hand? Did he make your baby fall in love with you?