TRIVA QUIZ

Kerry you are right! All these years, even after sitting in on a bull session with Turcotte, I still had the two races mixed up.
  • Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Steve Sutton

• Larry Brown

• M. R. Byrd

• Cooter Brown

northern_hunting_mom

Dad and I owned a niece to Northern Dancer. Dad and his brothers used a race chuckwagons. They bought washed out or non-winning Thoroughbreds and sometimes bred them. They were never a winning team but George Normand (A chuckwagon World Champion who died in a chuckwagon race) would often "borrow" the lead horses and run in chariot races.

George Normand married my Dad's niece. The World trophy was an amazing bronze sculpture.

Larry Brown

We'll let D'Artagnan rest for awhile and switch to a bit of pop music trivia.  Try this one:

They had pop hits in the 90's.  Their father had pop hits in the 50's and 60's.  And their grandfather had pop hits in the 1930's.  Name the musical family and the performers.

KerryLuft
We'll let D'Artagnan rest for awhile and switch to a bit of pop music trivia.  Try this one:

They had pop hits in the 90's.  Their father had pop hits in the 50's and 60's.  And their grandfather had pop hits in the 1930's.  Name the musical family and the performers.

The Nelsons.

Larry Brown

Good work, Kerry!  Ricky's twins scored as "Nelson" in the 90's.  And Ozzie was a big band leader with hit records in the 30's.  Harriet was his version of Lawrence Welk's "champagne lady".  

Ricky's then-wife and the Nelson twins' mother was Mark Harmon's sister Kristin.

Kansas Big Dog
In the early years of Gunsmoke, before Festus, who was Marshall Dillon's side kick?  What other series did this actor play the title role.
Steve Sutton

Dennis Weaver played Chester.....the guy who was so taken by Miss Kitty that he walked with a permanent limp.....Weaver later starred in Gentle Ben.....and then later in a Police show that I remember more for the leading lady than his part...

Burt Reynolds played Quint for the years between Chester and Festus...2 or 3 years I think........Reynolds starred in several series after Gunsmoke....

Steve

Kansas Big Dog
Dennis Weaver played Chester.....the guy who was so taken by Miss Kitty that he walked with a permanent limp.....Weaver later starred in Gentle Ben.....and then later in a Police show that I remember more for the leading lady than his part...

Burt Reynolds played Quint for the years between Chester and Festus...2 or 3 years I think........Reynolds starred in several series after Gunsmoke....

Steve

yes, the police show I was thinking about was McCloud.

plainsman
In the Popeye episode where Popeye goes to rescue his dad 'Poopdeck Pappy' from the natives on the tropical island, what was the name of the tribe of evil natives?

Let's try this again,...anyone remember?

Larry Brown
Since we had fun with who played Dracula in the movies:  How many actors can you name that played D'Artagnan, of "3 Musketeers" fame?

Let's bump this one up.  There have been several film versions of "The Three Musketeers", and other films featuring them.

In the Popeye episode where Popeye goes to rescue his dad 'Poopdeck Pappy' from the natives on the tropical island, what was the name of the tribe of evil natives?

Let's try this again,...anyone remember?

Goons?

ccavacini

Here's a tricky one.

The name of the sword that Arthur pulled from the stone  to become king of England.

Here's a tricky one.

The name of the sword that Arthur pulled from the stone  to become king of England.

Excalibur

ccavacini
Here's a tricky one.

Excalibur

Nope

Here's a tricky one.

Excalibur

Nope

Good question, and the vast majority get the answer wrong.

Excalibur was Arthur's invincible sword given to him by The Lady of the Lake and was to be returned on Arthur's death. The Sword in the Stone was a ceremonial sword (used for knighting men etc.)