TRIVA QUIZ

-------is everywhere!  Fill in the blank.

sav·oir faire is everywhere.  

Said the little French rat

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Steve Sutton

• Larry Brown

• M. R. Byrd

• Cooter Brown

Larry Brown
Waylon lost the coin toss to Ritchie Valens.

What actor played Brett and Bart Maverick's English cousin Beau?

Who are the only two "Bond girl" actresses who were older than the actor who played Bond?  And other than that link, what else do the two have in common?

Since someone else mentioned "Maverick"--no answers to these?  Hint:  The actor who played English cousin Beau Maverick went on to be a pretty big movie star.  And no guesses on the Bond girls?  Hint:  They're the same nationality (although that's not what I'm looking for that they have in common), and they're not American.

Re Connors' doubling up, baseball and basketball, what athlete was on both a World Series winning baseball team and several NBA championship teams?  50's and 60's.  Hint:  He was a pitcher.

Who are the only two "Bond girl" actresses who were older than the actor who played Bond?  And other than that link, what else do the two have in common?

Since someone else mentioned "Maverick"--no answers to these?  Hint:  The actor who played English cousin Beau Maverick went on to be a pretty big movie star.  And no guesses on the Bond girls?  Hint:  They're the same nationality (although that's not what I'm looking for that they have in common), and they're not American.

Re Connors' doubling up, baseball and basketball, what athlete was on both a World Series winning baseball team and several NBA championship teams?  50's and 60's.  Hint:  He was a pitcher.

Roger Moore was the english cousin

Sky King flew a Cessna 310 twin.

The 310 was his second airplane.

His first was a Cessna T-50 which was nicknamed the "bamboo bomber" by the WWII pilots who trained in it.

Steve Sutton

Rex....don't think I've seen an answer on your Wayne character in he shootist....

John Bernard Books......

Here's a "tough" John Wayne trivia question......in most of his movie once he passed the "Sandy the Singing Cowboy Stage" Wayne carried a Colt SAA in the "Quick Draw /Civilian model",  (he carried a Colt SSA in over 100 of is 200 movies)........the pistol which first appears in THE WAR WAGO is very recognizable with its yellow handles....(not aged ivory as is most often stated).....

So..trivia question on Wayne's "personal" pistol which appears in so many movies.....although it appears to be an SAA what makes this incorrect...

Probably only of interest to Colt and Western folks but neat I think.....

Steve

vagrousehunter

Was it Jerry Lucas ?

Virgil Kane

His first was a Cessna T-50 which was nicknamed the "bamboo bomber" by the WWII pilots who trained in it.

Dang your good !!

This'll be easy . . . What was the name of Sky King's 2nd plane?

Bonus question when you get it right . . . What was Sky King's niece's name on the show?

In 2011, I tore my achilles tendon...had an operation to splice it together.

How long is my scar?

3" but you tell your wife it's 6". :p

Right on both counts....wait, I think it was the other way around

northern_hunting_mom

In 2011, I tore my achilles tendon...had an operation to splice it together.

How long is my scar?

3" but you tell your wife it's 6". :p

Right on both counts....wait, I think it was the other way around

2 summers ago, we went to a nearby popular shallow lake with a sandy beach for a picnic with friends. There was the usual party crowd working on their hangover. A woman with a velcroed plastic hard cast on her foot was hobbling around in the shallow water and she fell over. She started to scream and thrash around, the water turning pink around her foot.

Loren, myself and our friend ran out, picked her up and brought her to shore, blood is pouring out of the back of her foot. She is still screaming and thrashing around in pain and fear. Someone had to hold her leg still while I placed a towel on her foot and put firm pressure on it after getting the cast off. One of the kids ran to the car to get the first aid kit without being asked.

We got her bandaged up, the bleeding reduced a lot with pressure and elevation of the foot. We ensured that her boyfriend was sober so he could drive her to the nearest hospital. She was obviously hopped up on painkillers and beer. She wasn't in a life threatening condition and driving her to the hospital was the quickest way to get her to help.

The rumors going around for weeks after was that 2 cops and a nurse jumped in and prevented her from being permanently disabled. She had to have surgery to repair her completely severed achilles tendon again then fought a severe bacterial infection for three weeks in the hospital.

I want to know where she got the eyelash extensions because with all the crying and thrashing around, they stayed perfect. I also hope she doesn't breed.

Larry Brown

Roger Moore was the english cousin

Good work, Jack!

Larry Brown

Was it Jerry Lucas ?

Nope, not Lucas.  This guy was fortunate enough to play for a baseball team and a basketball team that were located in the same town.  And then the baseball team moved.

Larry Brown
Bonus question when you get it right . . . What was Sky King's niece's name on the show?

Penny was the niece.

Larry Brown

The Bond girl question is pretty tough, so I'll toss out a BIG hint:  They both starred in a TV show.  In fact, the SAME TV show.  One of them replaced the other in that show.