Ghosts, what is the deal

Since I had PMs on the Bigfoot thing I will tell this one for all. When I was younger I used to coon hunt quite a bit for fur sales when you could make damn good money at it and we ran night stakes as well. When I was 19 we were running down by a little town called Asher which is SE of Oklahoma City, this was a pelt run not a stake run so it was just me and my two buddies who ran with me not a big number of people. We were on the South side of the South Canadian River and had been running about an hour which put the time about 9:30 give or take when we heard my buddys Walker hit a long bay and I mean long, not a typical bay for this dog. Then everything went quiet, Dempsey started to call his dog and after about 5 minutes Henry showed up running like hell and shaking like a leaf, the dog hung by his side like Velcro. Shortly after that three others showed up and they were all shaken as well, leaving only my buddy Bills bluetick Frank running. We never did find Frank that night. Being we were good hound men we went back the next day to try and find Frank of course and started from our original point the night before and split up one on each side and one on the river bottom to look for any tracks. About 15 minutes in Dempsey who was on the river hollered for us both to "get your asses down here". We naturally feared the worst but what he found was even scarier, down on the river was a track, 4 toes and my size 12 Herman Survivor fit in it with a bunch of room to spare, too bad this was well before the days when we all had a camera on our phones because I would have damn sure taken a pic. We followed the track for a couple of miles down the river and then lost the track in the woods about another mile into them.

Now being a watcher of the Bigfoot shows I have seen things on there like tree knocks, odd whistles and such which we heard many times in that area at night as well as weird structures in the woods, like they show on all these shows today about Bigfoots. Honestly before then I never believed in these creatures since no remains had ever been found or even to this day any solid proof, but I will say after that night I started believing it was damn sure possible. BTW Frank was found two days later 20 miles away by some folks in case ya wonder.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GB Jack

• Virgil Kane

• Ben Hong

• Greg Hartman

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

In 1958 my parents brought home a black lab puppy named Raven. She turned out to be a wonderful member of our family. I trace my love of the outdoors, gun dogs and hunting back to her presence in my l

Anyone else finding it creepy that this old thread came back from the dead?                    Alan

I shot right through a ghost rooster this morning and he kept right on flying. Scary. Need silver pellets. Send quick.

Dakota Dogman
Here's a thought on the trillions of stars etc sort of thing. A long, long time ago I took an astronomy coarse, the professor mentioned that everything is made up of atoms and in the tip of his finger there were millions of atoms as is the rest of the universe. His comment then was how do we know that in the tip of our finger there are not other civilizations or that we are just part of a larger being???????????????? just thinking

The logic continues with spheres of space.  We live in this realm, but what would keep it as being the only one?  Think Louis LaMour's Haunted Mesa.

As to bigfoot, I am not a believer... however I know of 2 old Pacific North west loggers, the kind of men who are not loose lipped & you would trust with your wallet, wife or hound dog who simply will not talk about that topic.  I know one of them well enough that he simply doesn't want to ruin his reputation or be called a liar.  Makes me question my "knowledge".... Incidentally I believe that WA game rags have it illegal to shoot bigfoot as an endangered species.

Another of interest is the mokele mbembe - dinosaur out of central African jungle.  I've been in the "civilized" part of that jungle in Cameroon & can vouch for the density... you could loose a heard of long tails in there.  Do I believe? Not too much, but I wouldn't say Impossible either.

God Bless,

I met a guy last year who claimed to have seen a UFO, and Big Foot! I had a hard time to not laugh when he explained that it was Big Foot flying the UFO's. After thinking about it I guess that theory does explain why we never find a Big Foot corpse, they fly them back home.  :p
Bigfoot is real, I hunted with him a few years ago in NB, and he wore size 16 boots. Went by the name of Kevin...
Bigfoot is real, I hunted with him a few years ago in NB, and he wore size 16 boots. Went by the name of Kevin...

I haven't heard from him for a long time. Sure hope he's not extinct!

The closest I've come to a ghost experience is this.  A few years back, in the winter time, I was walking in the woods behind some houses.  A suburban area.  A long 20 acre corridor of trees boarded by houses on one side and a marsh on the other.

It was still snowing a bit and there was about a foot of fresh snow on the ground.  It was nice and quiet out and I was just enjoying the walk, looking to see what the local deer were up to and making notes of where to look for sheds in the spring.  

Then I look up and I see, plain as day, what looked to me to be a black wolf.  I don't know, maybe 40 yards ahead of me.  We just stared at each other for what seemed to be a long while.  I was puzzled, given that this is eastern Massachusetts.  The wolf seemed puzzled that something snuck up on it.  An escaped pet wolf, hybrid? It didn't look like a dog.  I looked off to my left to see if there were any others with it and when I looked back, the wolf was gone.  Vanished in a fraction of a second.  I walked over to where it had been so I could follow its tracks, and there were none.  It left no trace.  I looked high and low and there were no tracks of any kind.  

I don't believe in the supernatural so I didn't say anything to anyone for a year or two, not knowing what to make of it and not wanting anyone to think I was crazy.  For the first few weeks after it happened, my confidence in my sanity was shaken a bit and I worried that maybe I had a brain tumor or some medical condition that would cause me to hallucinate.  I wasn't on any medications or anything.  And it wasn't dream like; I was feeling fine and it really was plain as day.  There's no explanation I can think of for not seeing tracks.

Part of what's strange is that it wasn't "creepy" when it happened.  I didn't feel like there was anything weird going on when we were looking at each other, other than I was seeing something unexpected.  There wasn't any glowing eyes, menacing look or feeling of doom.  It just felt like a strange but natural occurrence.  

I did feel a twinge of unease when I realized I wasn't going to find any tracks, and maybe walked a little quicker back to the truck than I needed to.  

Worrying about your mental health is a pretty miserable experience though.  I'd almost rather have a real illness than that level of self doubt.

Don"t believe in them, but sure had the crap scared out of me. I restore old photos for a living. While working on an image of an old family homestead farm, I rested the original under a lamp for reference. I will glance at it occasionally to make sure I'm on track. Well this farm house had a large picture window just inside a sitting porch. I glanced at it and swear I saw a women cross from one side to the other. I'm guessing it was glare or tired computer eyes but I jumped up from my chair, and yelled like a little girl.
plainsman

I am a contractor by trade, and was doing an extensive remodel of a large 1890's home that had been made into 4 apartments. Including myself, there were three guys working in the house.One apartment had it's own entrance from the front porch. It was a small convenience apartment. You entered off the porch, through the only door, into the kitchen, you had to walk through the kitchen to get to a single bedroom, and a bathroom, and that's it.

To enter the other apartments, you went through another door off the porch, into a hallway. From the hallway, you could go to a main floor apartment, or up a stairs to two upstairs apartments. Myself,my son, and a Hispanic guy named Miguel were working upstairs. I was with my son, in one room, and I believed Miguel was in another upstairs room.

We were done with the remodeling in the small convenience apartment, with it's own entrance off the porch, so we were staging a bunch of our tools in it. I needed to grab a tool from that small apartment, so I bounded down the stairs rather quickly, went out the door to the porch, and opened the door to the small apartment. I saw a figure of a man, whom seemed to move quickly out of the kitchen, into the bedroom, almost like he was going to hide. The first thing I though, because I didn't get a good look at the figure, was that it was Miguel, who I didn't realize was down there, and he darted into the bedroom, and was going to jump out and scare me. I decided to turn the tables on him, and went to the bedroom door, and sort of jumped into the room expecting to see Miguel, and then yell loudly to scare him. No one was there, so I went to a small closet to scare him,...nothing. He had to be in the bathroom...so I went to scare him there, ...nothing. I even walked up to the tub because he had to be in there. No one was there. The only window, was in the bedroom, and it was painted shut, and also there just was no time for a person to get out the window and shut it again even if it could be opened, which it could not.

I stood there dumbfounded trying to perceive what just happened. I was really taken back by it. I went upstairs to talk to my son, and Miguel, who was also up there where I thought he was. I told them what I saw, and they both just gave me the same 'ya, whatever' look and response I would give someone who told me a story like that.

This really shook me up. I am a Christian,and never believed in ghosts per se,  and beyond that, I also had always been a big skeptic about things like this. Basically had I not seen it, no one at all could have told me the story and convinced me they really saw anything.

Within a week or so, we were finished with the house, and the owner rented all of the units out. The small lower one was rented to a couple. About 2 weeks after that, I ran into the guy while eating in a restaurant. I went up to him and said...hey, this is going to sound crazy, but have either you or your girlfriend seen or heard anything weird or unusual in your apartment. He told me he and his wife/girlfriend  had experienced seeing a 'figure' in the apartment. He seemed relieved that I had seen a figure, and I definitely was almost glad they had too, because it helped confirm for me, what I saw.

charlo slim
As a youngster, I once heard a phantom puma screaming like a woman in the night.  Only a bit later in life did I learn it was more likely the other way around.
I believe.  I find it comforting.  While perfroming a chore, and reflecting back on to one of dads life lessons in safety or while stitting alone in the woods and thoughts of some one come to mind.  Those i feel are ghosts.  Have I expereinced something I could not reason away?  Yes.  While unexpalined, it may just be a ghost.