REGISTERING FOR MEMBERSHIP ON UPLAND JOURNAL Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
bigjohnsd

Tom Brady takes a hit, legacy not the same,

WPG Gizmo

The Steelers had a secret plan to stop Gronk.  

The plan was to do not cover him and complain that the Patriots cheated.  

How can you leave him wide open on any play and not think that the ball is not going that way ???

WPG Gizmo

Here are the many ways the Patriots “cheated” in their 28-21 win over the Steelers…

1. Is having Gronk fair? There’s gotta be a rule against him somewhere.

Having Gronk is cheating.

— Matthew Geagan  September 11, 2015

Gronk was left wide open way to many time those cheaters!

— Luke Huskins  September 11, 2015

After two Gronk spikes the balls are below the acceptable psi level again

— Robert Moorman  September 11, 2015

2. Speaking of Gronk, how about the other tight ends? Their 4-tight end set can’t possibly be a legal formation.

TOO MANY TIGHT ENDS. CHEATING!!!

— Eric Wilbur  September 11, 2015

REPORT: Baltimore Ravens will now seek a new rule banning multiple tight ends on the same team.

— Marshall Hook  September 11, 2015

3. The Patriots did a defensive shift that you see every Sunday? Clear deception.

Ben Roethlisberger thinks the Patriots cheated by using a defensive shift on the goal line

— Pete Blackburn  September 11, 2015

4. Josh Scobee missed two field goals? Clearly Patriots mind games.

Still can't believe the Patriots cheated by putting Josh Scobee on the Steelers. Disgusting.

— How Belichick Cheats  September 11, 2015

ESPN bout to break a story on how the Patriots got to Josh Scobee to purposely shank those kicks…

— Kevin Matza September 11, 2015

NFL to investigate Patriots for tampering with Josh Scobee's shoes before the game.

— Not Tony Romo  September 11, 2015

BREAKING: ESPN is reporting Patriots switched Josh Scobee's right leg and replaced it with his grandma's left leg. Story developing.

— Skip Bayless  September 11, 2015

5. Heavy rain? Clearly Bill Belichick is a secret member of the HAARP.

Breaking: It's raining at Gillette stadium Bill Belichick being accused of controlling the weather NFL now investigating

— Brett September 10, 2015

6. Darrius Heyward-Bey couldn’t get both feet in bounds? Check that chalk!

Is that chalk regulation?

— Per Sources Sports  September 11, 2015

Stop shrinking the end zones New England

— Lucas September 11, 2015

7. Patriots recovered a fumble? Bring back DeflateGate!

Oh my god, they cheated, the ball would of bounced more on that fumble if they didn't deflate the ball @NFL

— Jonathan  September 11, 2015

8. And what exactly is that Ernie Adams guy up to, anyway?

By far my favorite video of the night

— David Portnoy  September 11, 2015

Sideline's a hologram controlled by Ernie Adams

— Bruce Arthur  September 11, 2015

Ernie Adams has set up industrial strength fans to create gusts of wind when the Steelers kick field goals.

— Mike Loyko September 11, 2015

Ernie Adams wearing that invisibility cloak, clearly.

— Doug Kyed ( September 11, 2015

I just keep picturing Ernie Adams pushing all these buttons and pulling all these levers during the game and I love it.

So there you have it, folks: not one, not two, but EIGHT ways the Patriots cheated the Steelers out of a victory. Might as well ban them from the Super Bowl now.

John

The views on cheating are really silly.

I think the entire game has declined emensely do to performance enhancing.  Really what difference does the ball make??

Look at all the artifical fields which only server to the weather out of the equation.  Remember the good old weather...players drenched in the mud, battling to retian the ball and for a single yard.  

now we have turf 2.0 so the game can be faster and rain, no impact.  

the nfl narrowed the hashmarks to create a wider field...and smaller ball to throw better.

why not just set min and max presures and let players pick  it doesnt matter.  

oh i love to Tom Brady, but not over this.  The NFL has done more to hurt the game, than a guy who wants to the hold the ball

Flairball
Thankfully we've got rugby. A real sport. Anyone else watching the Rugby World Cup?

mshowman
Thankfully we've got rugby. A real sport. Anyone else watching the Rugby World Cup?

The only thing I know about rugby is that I've heard it takes leather balls to play it.

jeff88
Here are the many ways the Patriots “cheated” in their 28-21 win over the Steelers…

1. Is having Gronk fair? There’s gotta be a rule against him somewhere.

Having Gronk is cheating.

— Matthew Geagan  September 11, 2015

Gronk was left wide open way to many time those cheaters!

— Luke Huskins  September 11, 2015

After two Gronk spikes the balls are below the acceptable psi level again

— Robert Moorman  September 11, 2015

2. Speaking of Gronk, how about the other tight ends? Their 4-tight end set can’t possibly be a legal formation.

TOO MANY TIGHT ENDS. CHEATING!!!

— Eric Wilbur  September 11, 2015

REPORT: Baltimore Ravens will now seek a new rule banning multiple tight ends on the same team.

— Marshall Hook  September 11, 2015

3. The Patriots did a defensive shift that you see every Sunday? Clear deception.

Ben Roethlisberger thinks the Patriots cheated by using a defensive shift on the goal line

— Pete Blackburn  September 11, 2015

4. Josh Scobee missed two field goals? Clearly Patriots mind games.

Still can't believe the Patriots cheated by putting Josh Scobee on the Steelers. Disgusting.

— How Belichick Cheats  September 11, 2015

ESPN bout to break a story on how the Patriots got to Josh Scobee to purposely shank those kicks…

— Kevin Matza September 11, 2015

NFL to investigate Patriots for tampering with Josh Scobee's shoes before the game.

— Not Tony Romo  September 11, 2015

BREAKING: ESPN is reporting Patriots switched Josh Scobee's right leg and replaced it with his grandma's left leg. Story developing.

— Skip Bayless  September 11, 2015

5. Heavy rain? Clearly Bill Belichick is a secret member of the HAARP.

Breaking: It's raining at Gillette stadium Bill Belichick being accused of controlling the weather NFL now investigating

— Brett September 10, 2015

6. Darrius Heyward-Bey couldn’t get both feet in bounds? Check that chalk!

Is that chalk regulation?

— Per Sources Sports  September 11, 2015

Stop shrinking the end zones New England

— Lucas September 11, 2015

7. Patriots recovered a fumble? Bring back DeflateGate!

Oh my god, they cheated, the ball would of bounced more on that fumble if they didn't deflate the ball @NFL

— Jonathan  September 11, 2015

8. And what exactly is that Ernie Adams guy up to, anyway?

By far my favorite video of the night

Sideline's a hologram controlled by Ernie Adams

— Bruce Arthur  September 11, 2015

Ernie Adams has set up industrial strength fans to create gusts of wind when the Steelers kick field goals.

— Mike Loyko September 11, 2015

Ernie Adams wearing that invisibility cloak, clearly.

— Doug Kyed ( September 11, 2015

I just keep picturing Ernie Adams pushing all these buttons and pulling all these levers during the game and I love it.

So there you have it, folks: not one, not two, but EIGHT ways the Patriots cheated the Steelers out of a victory. Might as well ban them from the Super Bowl now.

Even as a Steeler fan, I found this to be hilarious.  And yes, Scobee dances like he has two left feet.

Kemo Sabe

Taking a little air out of a football when it's raining or very cold has been going on for a long time, even in the Pop Warner levels. I coached for over 20 years, and it was never  a big deal.

The one who is taking the big hit here is Goodell. Too bad, because other than this issue I think he's done a reasonably good job.

bruski
Yes, I'll be watching the Rugby World Cup. Not surprising really, considering I live in New Zealand.

jeff88
Been to Auckland, NZ is a great place to live, work and visit.  All Blacks favored to win it all, yes?

bruski
Don't know if I'd say favoured but not far off. A bit scratchy in the first game but came through in the end, so here's hoping