REGISTERING FOR MEMBERSHIP ON UPLAND JOURNAL Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
bigjohnsd

Tom Brady takes a hit, legacy not the same,

Brad Eden

The press has taken this and made it into a far bigger thing that it really is. And then, the press gets pissed off when players won't talk to them, when they are all snakes in the grass, looking for the slightest thing to bury one of them on.

Yup...^^^^^this.

DennisMcFeely
Outside of his fans who would love him no matter what he did......this will cause damage to his legacy. It is still amazing that for a team and person who doesn't even need to cheat.....to win.....why would you risk it? Strange.

Yep.

Clearly it didn't affect the outcome of the Colts game and I think it's probably common practice among lots of QBs through the years.  Hell, the Tampa guy admitted arranging it with the opposing QB in the Super Bowl for Christ's sake.

Rightly or wrongly, the denial is what affects his legacy most.  

Brady is the best ever IMO but comments from Aikman, Brunell and other former pro QBs were telling.  Of course people hate best coach/QB tandem ever, particularly given Spygate.  That it happened at Superbowl time made it particularly ugly.

I hope Goodell goes bye-bye one way or the other.  Look how he leveled the Saints with punishments vs. the pattycake BS he pulled with Ray Rice laying out his wife and dragging her out of the elevator.  Nice judgement there Roger.

Kemo Sabe
Who freaking cares.....Seriously a 243 page report on the inflation of a football that had zero difference in the outcome of the game.  All that money wasted by the NFL paying this company to do the report when they could have used that money for something beneficial...Top news story on multiple sights...All the issues in the country and lets latch onto the inflation of a ball....Craziness...Glad I dont have cable anymore and rarely watch TV...

Exactly.

There's far greater issues for the NFL to spend time worrying about than this.

GB Jack

I'm just staying quiet, and smiling

By the way, check out my avatar/ location, been that way since January

Bullwinkle
Tom isn't losing any sleep over this the NFL Is just making itself look silly with that report.  Tom has more money then he could ever piss away his super model wife probably has a bigger bank then him.

Cooter Brown

I don't really have a dog in the fight, don't follow pro ball.  I do like to think I look at things critically.  I wonder why the big deal about all this.

I saw an excerpt from the report showing the findings of a firm he hired to do an analysis.  The report stated that given the ambient temperature at the start of the game and the end of the game the Ideal Gas Law (I vaguely remember this from high school) would predict that the balls would have lost about a pound of pressure at halftime.  This is elementary physics that can be demonstrated by putting a balloon in the fridge.

There certainly seems to be a lot of wailing and gnashing of teeth about something that might largely be explained away by natural law.

Bread and circuses, anyone?

Kemo Sabe
I'm just staying quiet, and smiling

By the way, check out my avatar/ location, been that way since January

Jealousy is a disease!

I've lived on the West Coast my whole life, and have been a Patriot's fan since 1960. The fact that they have been so very well run and are so successful seems to be part of the reasoning this piddly ass issue has gotten so frickin' far out of hand.

I wish the 49ers and Raiders were managed as well as the Patriots are.

DennisMcFeely
Tom isn't losing any sleep over this the NFL Is just making itself look silly with that report.  Tom has more money then he could ever piss away his super model wife probably has a bigger bank then him.

She has a much bigger bank than him but I'd be shocked if he wasn't bothered by this much.

The optics are pretty awful here and in my view most superstars of his stature care a great deal about public perception.  It won't affect many people's view of him but it will with others.

I'm a Giants fan but really like Brady fwiw.  Again, I don't think doing it was a big deal at all but those press conferences were laughable.  It simply does not pass the red face test when several QBs have admitted to doing it or being aware of it happening.

MTRookie76
I like Tom Brady, but not enough to care about his balls.

mshowman

I really don't care but find this all fun and entertaining. The NFL doesn't impress me in any way and I prefer college football by far.

I'll admit that I generally root against the Pats but only because I tend to support the underdog (unless Green Bay or Cleveland is involved) and the Pats don't often play that role.

I'll also admit that I root against Tom Brady. He's from the University of (the M word) and that's plenty good enough reason for me.

I actually respect and admire Robert Kraft and the football dynasty he has built but I'm still rooting for the other team, at least as long as Brady is leading their attack.

MN Tonester

Also, here's a conspiracy theory for you

I find it odd this coming out after Brady snubbed Obummer at the White House.

trust me

If the ball won't bounce, the press must denounce.

A pound of air in a football?  Pffft.  Might give the QB with small hands a psychological advantage.  Maybe.

dogrunner
Cheaters never win. :devil:  :laugh:

co_setter

I can't believe with everything else going on that this is getting so much ink.  We have current and past political leaders and candidates breaking real laws every day and this gets bigger headlines.   suspect.gif

If we want to get upset about anything in sports - how about getting outraged that a boxer that is 7-0 in domestic violence assaults  - most by TKO - made over 100 million dollars last week.

CNN article

.....climbs off soapbox and shuffles away mumbling to himself....