bigjohnsd

Tom Brady takes a hit, legacy not the same,

shinbone

"male soap opera"

lol!

browndog
Panem et circenses.

BINGO  we have a winner...

The media are "for profit" businesses ...  the more sensational and provocative they can present a situation, the more audience and the more they can charge for advertising ....   most to me have the mores of the National Inquirer...

Keith E. Carlson

This is really pretty simple:

If the inflation pressure of the game ball is 'no big deal", than eliminate the rule and let each quarter back and kicker have them his own way.

If the current rule has merit as eliminating a competitive advantage, then it should be enforced and Brady and the Pats team should be punished.

Fines will not hurt either a rich Brady or a wealthy team, suspensions and loss of draft choices will.

Ben Hong
Panem et circenses.

Send in the clowns!

Semper in excretum altem.

Jim Vander
No dog in this fight but if someone published this about me that impacted how I make my living  with language like "probably" me and my lawyer would be talking. Do I think he knew , you bet but that aint the same as proving it.

steveziv
Just to clarify the earlier financial speculations, per the interwebs;  Tom's net worth is $120M, Giselle's a mere $47M.  You're not likely to run into either of them at the clearance rack.  :)

Yukon1

I love the Pats and Tom Brady even though he is a Michigan man. (Go Irish)

However, when he got up behind the podium during his press conference and lied to all of us about this crap, he lost credibility with me. To say that he didn't even know the names of the guys when there were texts going back to October with them was just pathetic. Then not cooperating with the investigation made matters worse.

Robert Kraft is a classy owner and doesn't deserve the fallout he'll get from this. Brady needs to sit out some games and if they give him a year, fine by me. Not for the deflated balls but for the lies and attempted cover up.

All he needed to do at the press conference was to fess up, apologize and take his medicine. This stuff would have been over by now, most likely with a slap on the wrist. Yes, all the quarterbacks are doing something similar but he got caught.

Take it like a man instead of a whiny wuss.

GB Jack
8 games, and next years first round pick, wow

Chukarman
Yawn.

JWP58

If you ain't cheating, you ain't trying.

Rules in sports were made to be broken, and/or pushed to the extreme limts. Plus this is a game.

It's not like he used "quid pro quo" while holding a political position for financial gain or anything.......jeez folks

Kemo Sabe

I coached over 20 years of football, and on raining days, we usually let some air out of the football to make it easier to hold onto. No big deal. Most everyone did it.

This whole thing is absolutely stupid crazy. I mean, c'mon -- take a slight amount of air out of a football is just as bad as knocking your spouse around?

On top of that, there's this mentality to screw with people who are clean, and successful. The press seems to really enjoy taking them down.

Goodell has no choice but to punish Brady with some sort of suspension/fine. But just wait for the real fireworks if Brady turns his legal team against him and the NFL for doing so.

No way is "probably did know about"  going to  hold water in a real court of law......

fishmunkee

"Plus this is a game"

Nope. It is a business.

WPG Gizmo

Suspended 4 games team fine 1 million loss of draft pick.

The league announced that quarterback Tom Brady was suspended four games, the team was fined $1 million and will lose its 2016 first-round draft pick and a fourth-round pick in 2017. The league has been considering punishment since the release of investigator Ted Wells' report last Thursday.

That's a huge punishment considering there was no evidence Brady was directly involved and the Wells report said Patriots ownership and coach Bill Belichick weren't involved. The league said it was for violating playing rules and not cooperating fully in the investigation.

REALLY come on  :angry:

The issue with punishing Brady is it is all based on conjecture. There's not even really circumstantial evidence; there's really no evidence at all of Brady's direct participation in any scheme put forth in Wells' report. The report implicates Brady basically because it says he had to have known, not because they had any proof that he did know or stated to either McNally or Jastremski that he wanted balls deflated after inspection. The report simply doesn't find him guilty.

This is far from over you can bet the bank on that

Keith E. Carlson

Brady    Suspended four games

Pats       lose 1st rd pick in 2016

4th rd pick in 2017

$1 million fine