REGISTERING FOR MEMBERSHIP ON UPLAND JOURNAL Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
bigjohnsd

Tom Brady takes a hit, legacy not the same,

JWP58
"Plus this is a game"

Nope. It is a business.

Ya you're right, and sadly some people's life.

GB Jack
You want a "

Smoking gun"? I think besides his public ( on the podiums lies) of Brady " not even knowing the ball

Guy" . This is why

http://www.sharpfootballanalysis.com/blog....in-2007

That's simply someone's fabricated theory, nothing more.

Totally worthless information.

We " all" disagree

Along with over 2/3 of people with Gallup poll data since its release

Brad Eden
Brady's agent Don Yee who is a lawyer has something up his sleeve for the 4 game suspension appeal. Im guessing Kraft/Patriots will appeal the fine and draft pick too. This is far from over. Just watch.

Kemo Sabe
Brady's agent Don Yee who is a lawyer has something up his sleeve for the 4 game suspension appeal. Im guessing Kraft/Patriots will appeal the fine and draft pick too. This is far from over. Just watch.

Yup. It's going to get real nasty real soon.

Total horse manure.

Jim Vander
Whats so amazing is how the owners can tolerate a clown like the commisioner. For what he is being paid you would think he could lead crafting policies that would manage the enterprise. Granted there is a lot of iffy stuff going on in the league but thats what he is getting paid for ($44M.)  Damn shame its become a business rather than a sport. I tend to agree with Brad more to come and the next developments should be sadly entertaining.

SteelerBrit

Come on guys, take it like big boys. The team has a history of cheating.

Here in Pgh, we lost Big Ben for I think it was 6 games for what turned out to be nothing. He was never charged with anything, but he still had to sit out.

In Bradys case.  If you cant do the time, don't do the crime

bigjohnsd

Here in Pgh, we lost Big Ben for I think it was 6 games for what turned out to be nothing. He was never charged with anything, but he still had to sit out.

WPG Gizmo

Don Yee, the agent for New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady, released a statement Monday night in response to the NFL's four-game suspension.

Here is the entire statement:

"The discipline is ridiculous and has no legitimate basis. In my opinion, this outcome was pre-determined; there was no fairness in the Wells investigation whatsoever. There is no evidence that Tom directed footballs be set at pressures below the allowable limits. In fact, the evidence shows Tom clearly emphasized that footballs be set at pressures within the rules. Tom also cooperated with the investigation and answered every question presented to him. The Wells Report presents significant evidence, however, that the NFL lacks standards or protocols with respect to its handling of footballs prior to games; this is not the fault of Tom or the Patriots. The report also presents significant evidence the NFL participated with the Colts in some type of pre-AFC Championship Game planning regarding the footballs. This fact may raise serious questions about the integrity of the games we view on Sundays. We will appeal, and if the hearing officer is completely independent and neutral, I am very confident the Wells Report will be exposed as an incredibly frail exercise in fact-finding and logic. The NFL has a well-documented history of making poor disciplinary decisions that often are overturned when truly independent and neutral judges or arbitrators preside, and a former federal judge has found the commissioner has abused his discretion in the past, so this outcome does not surprise me. Sadly, today's decision diminishes the NFL as it tells its fans, players and coaches that the games on the field don't count as much as the games played on Park Avenue."

This article is even a better read and it breaks down WHY the suspension will not be upheld.

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2015....iculous

DennisMcFeely
Just to clarify the earlier financial speculations, per the interwebs;  Tom's net worth is $120M, Giselle's a mere $47M.  

You're right it's only internet info, but I've seen several net worth estimates that put his at a little over $100M and hers at a little over $300M.  Either way they're doing pretty well.   :D

Brad Eden
The Brady/Patriots air pressure penalties are trumping another earthquake in Nepal with the TV talking heads and the social media landscape. Amazing media world we preside in.

mshowman

The important thing is that he received the one of a kind 2015 Super Bowl ring....

ring_zpscstaz8i4.jpg

Kemo Sabe

Let's see......

Big Ben was accused of raping a women (who he admitted to have having drunken sex with) and Brady is accused of knowing about someone else letting the air out of a football.

Hardly the same kind of issue to most logical thinking folks.......

Backlash

Your team cheats.

Based on the amount of cheating my team (Redskins) does, I would expect better results on the field.  Sadly, that's not the case.

dogrunner

The important thing is that he received the one of a kind 2015 Super Bowl ring....

ring_zpscstaz8i4.jpg

That thing is Sweet, a unique piece. :laugh: his hands look like they could  use some tlc.

co_setter

Let's see......

Big Ben was accused of raping a women (who he admitted to have having drunken sex with) and Brady is accused of knowing about someone else letting the air out of a football.

Hardly the same kind of issue to most logical thinking folks.......

Yes, and using your bodyguard to help shows a level of premeditation and scumbaggery that should have resulted in jail time.