Living on the edge

WI Outdoor Nut
I still use an old Baker climbing tree stand without hand climber or seat.

Virgil

Funny - go back 3 years ago and I was standing in my shed looking at my "climber" that I knew I would be using that fall.  My 2 year old daughter at the time, asked me "whats that daddy?"  At that point in time, looking her in the eyes, said I need to get rid of this thing.  A pair of kids and a wife depend on me coming home at night more than gettting a deer.  Down the road she went - the stand - not the kids or wife.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Brad Eden

• Virgil Kane

• Rex Hoppie

• Dogwood

I  used to skydive.

I bungee jump.

I am married to a woman who's mother shot her her dad (an Army Ranger, SWAT trainer, and Hell's Angel pledge at that time) over child support.  He lived.

My mother-in-law, the same one above, stays with us 2 months a year.  I make sure I pay ALL the bills while she is here.

And the above are listed least to most exciting.

AndyM

I am married to a woman who's mother shot her her dad (an Army Ranger, SWAT trainer, and Hell's Angel pledge at that time) over child support.  He lived.

My mother-in-law, the same one above, stays with us 2 months a year.  I make sure I pay ALL the bills while she is here.

My kind of woman.

Does she clean fish?

How many missing teeth?

Pics?

Lobster Trapping

I am the....

Captain

Deck boss

Deck Hand

Engineer and

Master Baiter

I also upland bird hunt.  :)

I often swim with sharks but that really isn't dangerous because they won't bite anybody over 60.

I also own a Baker tree stand and a Remington 700.

Yesterday I swapped out a push lawn mower blade without disconnecting spark plug. (Forgot to actually)
I just turned 37 and I think I'm taking up rock climbing. I've got a two day climb scheduled with a friend in two weeks which is totally terrifying
Fishnfowler

I chukar hunt in freezing rain with a flusher.  I also run white water, rock climb, mtn bike, practice medicine, and married a strong Russian woman.  

Here is a pic of the chukar hunting:

1-24-15%20007_zps5lesicsy.jpg

I periodically post snarky/smarmy replies on UJ and dance with the Post-Holer.

I own my own business, a veterinary clinic.  I ain't afraid of nothin'.  'Cept bankruptcy.  And workin' with all women.

Oh yeah, and I work with all women.

At my business it was all women employ's too. Aint it fun?

Cat fights at work and a jealous wife when you get home because you spend 10-12 hours with all those women around.

Got that right.

Should have added; I've worked in the same clinic with my wife (also a vet) for 26 years.  Still married.  To her that is. . . . Livin' on the Edge AND True Grit.

You'd think one would qualify for some sort of Presidential medal for that. Tax credit. Somethin'.