I am so old, that I.....

I remember when Gas was 25 cents and they pumped it checked your oil and washed your windows

You could go to the local Mom and Pop store sit at the counter and get a hotdogs grilled in butter with a toasted bun.  

We could as kids go to the town dump and shoot rats with our 22's and no one called the cops.  

You could buy 22 shells at the local store for a penny each

Everyone in town knew who's kid you were and if you did something wrong it would get back to your parents plus the teachers at the school had permission from your parents to give you a good swift kick in the rear if needed rarely was it needed.

I miss those days  :down:

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Brad Eden

• Hairy Clipper

• Rex Hoppie

• Virgil Kane

I am old enough that us kids were the TV remote for my mom and there were only 2 channels, and the tubes had to be replaced on occasion
So old I remember Sinclair Gasoline's mascot  Dino the Dinosaur and even had a blow-up replica of Dino.
I also remember when passenger planes like TWA and Pan Am were prop jobs and not jets
I also remember when passenger planes like TWA and Pan Am were prop jobs and not jets

And I remember riding in one of those prop planes on a vacation we took to Havana Cuba.

So old....When a kid I waited every year with great anticipation to watch The Wizard of Oz on the TV...

I guess I'm old because as a kid no one on our road owned a tv yet, we got our entertainment from the radio...."Hi Ho Silver"!!!

I played with toy guns and conducted war games wth neighborhood kids.
Irishwhistler

I am so old I remember doing the kiss your arse goodbye bomb drills in school during the cold war betwixt the USA and Russia.  We had to take cover under our desks. :ghostface:

Irishwistler

Dimmer switches were on the floor board.

Polychokes were popular.

When I was in law school my dimmer shorted out an d caught the floorboard carpet on fire.

AFN Grousen  did that plymouth have the pushbutton transmission?

I am so old that I remember  learning to drive around age 12 in my grandfathers old dilapidated 37 chevy p/u . it was probably 30 years old and had quit running and was in a shed in the old barn. My brothers and cousin and I  got it out and managed to get  it running We would drive it down thru the woods on a old logging road to where they were building interstate  75 and drive it up and down the  dirt road grade. The tires were split from dry rot and the passenger carried a rock in their lap as the brakes were bad. We would slow it as much as possible  using the gears and parking brake but then the passenger would bail out and throw the rock under the tire.

As a sign of age I still scratch my head over youtube etc. We spent years wanting rid if party line telephones and now everyone wants a party line computer go figure.

My chance of living to be 80 have improved because I have lived to be 70.

Do the math, if you can.