• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Brad Eden

• Hairy Clipper

• Rex Hoppie

• Virgil Kane

"Old soldiers never die, they just fade away."  I heard General Douglas MacArthur say that.

Who was Barnabas Collins?

No googling.

''hallow ghost sounds''''''', vampire from the dark shadows tv show

who played his character in a recent movie based on that series???

No googling.

Depp I think.

No googling.

Depp I think.

correct and I thought he did a good job at it

I remember the whole class standing and praying when pres Eisenhower had a heart attack....that was in public school.

Lined up for the first polio shots in the school basement.

Making .85 cents and hour in college in an office job across the street from the college.

Getting married to have sex.

Being sent home while my wife had her first baby....no fathers allowed in the delivery room.

Computer majors in college carrying long boxes of punch cards.

Using slide rules

Going to the movies,never knowing when the movie started. You walked in whenever you got to the theater,sat down and watched the movie mid film. Stayed to see the second feature, then cartoons, then leave when you got to the part you walked in on?

Air mail stamps and "onion skin" paper.

My Mom never worked.

Galoshes with snaps worn over your shoes when it snowed.

Women and girls had their zippers on the side of their pants.

Fountain pens. Once gave a teacher a ball point pen and she didn't know how it worked.

Brooklyn Dodgers

Wish I could remember where my keys are..........

I remember the whole class standing and praying when pres Eisenhower had a heart attack....that was in public school.

Lined up for the first polio shots in the school basement.

Making .85 cents and hour in college in an office job across the street from the college.

Getting married to have sex.

Being sent home while my wife had her first baby....no fathers allowed in the delivery room.

Computer majors in college carrying long boxes of punch cards.

Using slide rules

Going to the movies,never knowing when the movie started. You walked in whenever you got to the theater,sat down and watched the movie mid film. Stayed to see the second feature, then cartoons, then leave when you got to the part you walked in on?

Air mail stamps and "onion skin" paper.

My Mom never worked.

Galoshes with snaps worn over your shoes when it snowed.

Women and girls had their zippers on the side of their pants.

Fountain pens. Once gave a teacher a ball point pen and she didn't know how it worked.

Brooklyn Dodgers

Wish I could remember where my keys are..........

Good post

I too remember Gen. McArthur's speech.  Bottled milk in our local dairy as a kid, 2 types of bottles, one for pasteurized and the other for homogenized.  Made buttermilk from starter, hated it too.  Milk came in cans from the farm.  Started with a 1911A1 45 acp in the Army, got out and went in to civilian law enforcement and was issued a revolver and carried one till I retired in 88.  Did carry a 1911 off duty at times.  First car was a 1955 Chevy 210, may be off on the model no.  Fairly new auto, had been my grandfather's who passed away while I was in Korea.  Know there are several older than I on this board and prefer to keep it that way.
When you got in a fight in school you didn't go home and get a gun you usually ended up being best of friends the next day.
Hairy Clipper

I'm so old I remember the last time the Vikings won the Super Bowl

Now you are dreaming.

Hairy Clipper
I am so old I remember that most of us that thought hunting season was more important than football had hip boots, shotguns, shells and a couple of decoys in our lockers ... we built gun stocks in shop class ... one guy built a muzzle loading pistol from scratch, including the lock ... and the wrestling coach usually wanted to go along pheasant hunting with us kids.