• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• john mcg

• bobman

• Kansas Big Dog

• Brad Eden

I hope not , Bass Pro shop near me sucks . They cater to wannabe outdoors people . I'd rather drive an hour better away to shop at Cabels's .
I hope not , Bass Pro shop near me sucks . They cater to wannabe outdoors people . I'd rather drive an hour better away to shop at Cabels's .

You are just be a grouch.

:-)

I'm not too enthralled with either of them since you can't buy a simple zip-up camo hoodie for less than 70 or 80 dollars from either of them. They don't sell much that I want or need.

BPS and Cabelas would both make PT Barnum proud.

I'm not too enthralled with either of them since you can't buy a simple zip-up camo hoodie for less than 70 or 80 dollars from either of them.

BPS and Cabelas would both make PT Barnum proud.

Can't buy one without their name in BIG letters written across the front either!

Cabela's by me use to carry any different brand name merchandise but since they went public the bean counters are making sure that they only carry the Cabela's brand .

Neither store is not what they use to be.

Virgil

I feel the same about the cabelas near me.

I stopped at the BPS at the Pyramid in Memphis back in August. Nice little history museum featuring duck hunting. I didn't really need anything but figured I would pick up a few boxes of dove loads for the 16 and a box of Rem.260 for the rifle. I guess there were 8-10 tons of ammo in the store. Not.One.Box.Of.What.I.Needed....

It's no good-what has happened to outdoor stores in the last 75 years?Abercrombie and Fitch used to outfit a hunter I hear. Filson covered a hunter or person who made their living off of being outside. LL Bean. Gander Mountain. Not sure what to make of BPS buying Cabelas, can't be good for someone neeeding 16 gauge shells.

When I saw this headline my first thought was, nah, won't happen. But then I read that this is being driven by Elliott Management, an activist investment firm that just successfully pushed for the $67 billion merger of Dell and EMC last month. In that case Elliott owned just a 2% stake in EMC, but were able to push them to sell to Dell. In this case, Elliott owns 11% of Cabelas.

To start with Cabela's is a public company, BPS is not.

That means  if they buy Cabela's it'll be a private company again.

Also I agree that both sucks big time however there's not much alternative out there.

Cabela's used to be good 10-15 years ago and had decent quality merchandise including the Cabela branded ones.

Bass Pro was always low quality including their mass produced boats.

I'd trade one good old fashioned army surplus store for 10 BPS or Cabelas big box stores.