Facebook

ThomGordon

How do you kill facebook?

My daughter told me I was backed out as far as I could go, but I would never be rid of it.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Brad Eden

• Chesepeakes_Man

• gundogpa

• ThomGordon

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It helps men get hold of their inner female side, with all that gossiping and such.

To Bede. Yes pretty much all current/supported board software is "mobile friendly" either by design or through the Tapatalk app. So any switch will accomplish that.

And to everyone, I am not trying to be coy about changes for UJ. Some may be rolling their eyes given I have made a stab at migrating to a new board a couple times already. The direction hasn't been hammered out yet; Software, hosting, expense, archiving old board etc., When a final plan is in place Ill let everyone know.

Before I actually join Facebook, I need to clarify one thing...

FB members are not actually required to post selfies, right?  Because that would be a gross breach of my Manhood contract.

Your FB can be as open or closed as you like. Groups can be joined by approval only or wide open. You mere resistant on FB can be control in the security. Anyone who uses the internet that thinks not joining FB is somehow protecting their privacy is mistaken. Go to your county auditors web site and take a look. Do a Google search on your name.

My daughter told me I was backed out as far as I could go, but I would never be rid of it.

Rex, it's like the old Eagles song:  You can check out any time you like, but you can never leave.

Very good for keeping in touch with far flung families and friends.  That being said, I also still send letters (hand written in the fast dying style known as cursive) and photos.

Chesepeakes_Man
Before I actually join Facebook, I need to clarify one thing...

FB members are not actually required to post selfies, right?  Because that would be a gross breach of my Manhood contract.

After reviewing the BROCODE, Article 209, Item iiiiv. It clearly staTes that you are permitted to post one lifetime selfie without breaching your manhoodedness .

Lets face it everyone makes a mistake  :p

Dale

Gunflint Charlie

Click on the Privacy Settings (padlock symbol) icon in the upper right of your main or home page.

You'll see the Privacy Shortcuts display. At the bottom, click on "See More Settings".

Now you're on the Privacy Settings and Tools page. In the left panel near the top, click on "Security".

A list of Security Settings is displayed. Click on "Deactivate Your Account" at the bottom of the list.

If you've communicated or shared stuff on FB, deactivating won't remove everything you've done that appears on others' feeds, but I think it shuts off your FB page.

Jay

Facebook and particularly Facebook Groups have compromised and will eventually eliminate traditional boards like UJ.

Nooooooooooooooo...say it ain't so, Joe!

I am also one of those that has a Fakebook account, but hasn't been on there in 5 or 6 years, and I have no idea how to eliminate my account.  

Brad, is the cost of server & bandwidth more $$ than can be made up from annual membership dues here?

I've avoided it because I don't want people bugging me; forcing me to accept or ignore friendship requests, tagging me in their photos, wanting to "reconnect" and monitoring my activities & relationships.  I know that may sound bad to some but I value my privacy and feel that FB is, or at least can be, far more invasive and public than any internet forum.  Besides my wife's account keeps me abreast of all the family gossip. :)
I've avoided it because I don't want people bugging me; forcing me to accept or ignore friendship requests, tagging me in their photos, wanting to "reconnect" and monitoring my activities & relationships.  I know that may sound bad to some but I value my privacy and feel that FB is, or at least can be, far more invasive and public than any internet forum.  Besides my wife's account keeps me abreast of all the family gossip. :)

X2, I value my personal privacy way to much to ever publicize my life on something like facebook.  The actress Betty White had it right when she called it "a huge waste of time."

I'll continue to keep in touch with family and friends the same way I always have, phone and US mail.  That likely makes me a dinosaur but it is what it is.

My sister-in-law decided I needed FB.  She plugged me in and I perused it a bit for a month or so.  

I found it more irritation that enjoyment.  I don't like the privacy loss and really don't care to know that "someone went to the store today" or "someone found a pretty flower today"...blah, blah, blah.

I have seen with some folks that it is just addictive.  It is almost like they live in a virtual reality world vice going outside and living in the real world.  Not everyone, but some...

It interrupts normal human interaction, in my opinion.  

It can be compared it to a forum, but I see real differences.

So, I disabled my account a few years ago and it actually was a stress relief...