• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• StormsGSP

• Brad Eden

• M V McDonald

Michael Stenstrom
I think Alan put it best.  There aren't that many deer in a square mile around me, let alone mature bucks.

How old is that pic? I remember seeing it at least 2 or 3 years ago on an Iowa outdoors site? Still impressive, however.

Kevin

How old is that pic? I remember seeing it at least 2 or 3 years ago on an Iowa outdoors site? Still impressive, however.

Kevin

It's at least 3 years old.  I am a member of that Iowa Outdoors site and remember seeing it posted there.

Alamakee is FULL of deer - 4500 extra tags this year for that county alone.

Is that hunter planning on eating them all??

To quote Mr. 870 - "slightly impressed in Illinois"

I think those bucks really came out of the grassy area by the turnoff to the Navy Pier...

I find something displeasing about this picture.  It's disrespectful of the deer for such nice bucks to be piled like cordwood.  No chance to appreciate each individual, thus leaving the impression that they are nothing special.  Sad.

JMHO,

Mike

I find something displeasing about this picture.  It's disrespectful of the deer for such nice bucks to be piled like cordwood.  No chance to appreciate each individual, thus leaving the impression that they are nothing special.  Sad.

JMHO,

Mike

So your saying the picture is not politically correct. Give me a break!

No break in the gene pool there.... Deer here are like rats in a corn crib. What might seem like an impressive number of deer to some is quite common to others like us that live around these some what unwanted and over abundant creatures. We can't get rid of them fast enough. But of course that might have something to do with because everyone thinks they have to shoot a buck and not a doe. This picture is a prime example of that.

bird

Hey bird - I'm willing to kill all of the does you can put me in front of for a chance at one of those bruisers; bow, ml, or slug.

I get what you're saying though. My buds in IL call deer "corn rats".

So your saying the picture is not politically correct. Give me a break!

No break in the gene pool there.... Deer here are like rats in a corn crib. What might seem like an impressive number of deer to some is quite common to others like us that live around these some what unwanted and over abundant creatures. We can't get rid of them fast enough. But of course that might have something to do with because everyone thinks they have to shoot a buck and not a doe. This picture is a prime example of that.

bird

I rest my case.  And, "politically correct" has nothing to do with it.

Mike