The Revnant

Jakeismydog2

I enjoyed it compared to most of what comes out of Hollywood these days.  The cinematography and scenery were amazing, and I thought the acting and props were mostly well done.  Sure, there were flaws to nitpick, but flintlocks and tomahawks are rare in movies and I'll take what I can get!
  • Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Spin

• PartridgeCartridge

• ThomGordon

• Jakeismydog2

I want to see this. The kids are away all Sunday night for a 4H lock in. So the Mrs suggested dinner out and a movie for this rare night alone. I've suffered through many a romance movie with here recently so I said it's my turn to pick. My question is what amount of extreme graphic violence is there in this movie? She still hasn't forgave me for choosing "Django" during our yearly "romantic get away" weekend. Does it approach Tarantino levels?
I want to see this. The kids are away all Sunday night for a 4H lock in. So the Mrs suggested dinner out and a movie for this rare night alone. I've suffered through many a romance movie with here recently so I said it's my turn to pick. My question is what amount of extreme graphic violence is there in this movie? She still hasn't forgave me for choosing "Django" during our yearly "romantic get away" weekend. Does it approach Tarantino levels?

My son and I saw it on Tuesday, there is plenty of violence/gore, but probably not to the level of a Tarantino movie.

Love that time period- enjoyed the show------ but after the bear scene very little was true to the accounts after that- but it was Hollywood
Curious how Hollywood portrays the evil trapper.

Treated as it should be: historically correct. There is no liberal bias or softening of the subject matter.

Saw it last night and it was excellent, but so was the original with Richard Harris. The one with Harris was closer to the true narrative.
PartridgeCartridge
I bet fur tappers smelled pretty bad if you had to share a tent or a buffalo hide with one.
I bet fur tappers smelled pretty bad if you had to share a tent or a buffalo hide with one.

Especially if you gutted a horse, crawled inside and slept in it.

PartridgeCartridge

Especially if you gutted a horse, crawled inside and slept in it......

....With your unbathed, flatulent squaw wife and your festering, oozing bear mauling wounds, covered in dried blood, sweat, rotting flesh, scabs, possum fat, skunk lard, pus, and a serious case of swamp ass....

Good times.

I'm thinking more and more that maybe this isn't the best choice for a movie and dinner date night with the Mrs.
I'm thinking more and more that maybe this isn't the best choice for a movie and dinner date night with the Mrs.

Are you going to eat dinner before or after seeing the movie?  :)

I'm thinking of taking my wife to see it tonight.

Im dissapointed to hear of the general inaccuracies, especially a muzzleloader not being depicted accurately. Sorry of some think I should just chill out...its a move fercripesakes....things like that are often oversights in the resarch department and worse if they are done intentionally just to make a scene better. Those things bug the bejeezus out of me, normally. Ill try and see it, and judge for myself if it makes my teeth ache.