• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• HAMMER DOG

• sneem

• Grange

• MEdooGuide

I like the look of the Glencairn Canadian glass.

I have a set of the regular Glencairn Scotch whisky glass.

It is Fuente Friday so for fun I snapped what is on the menu for this afternoon: Aberlour Double Cask 12 year old and an A. Fuente Anejo 888.

Now I need to go pour some whisky back in the bottle. It is a bit early to drink the props.

162601473.BKGImkRt.aberlour02_19_2016.jp

Nice shot and very nice smoke, the Fuente Short story is my most common smoke and I always wait with baited breath for the Opus X release date.

Beautiful glass. Fine cigar. But what do you use for bait? Worms or cut shad? I think you mean bated breath.

,,,,. But what do you use for bait? Worms or cut shad? I think you mean bated breath.

Spellins and grammers don't count don't count on this here board.

,,,,. But what do you use for bait? Worms or cut shad? I think you mean bated breath.

Nor on this hear bored!!

No but spellcheck don't care LOL.

Nice shot and very nice smoke, the Fuente Short story is my most common smoke and I always wait with baited breath for the Opus X release date.

Beautiful glass. Fine cigar. But what do you use for bait? Worms or cut shad? I think you mean bated breath.

Thanks for the compliment on the photo, glass and smoke.

Of course I have no idea what bait Hammer Dog prefers.

One thing I have learned when on the interweb; you better be comfortable reading and typing fluent Typonese.

One thing I have learned when on the interweb; you better be comfortable reading and typing fluent Typonese.

Here here!

Here here!

I don't speak typonese, but my computer is fluent in it.

Here here!

Oh so IOW you were just trying to play grammar Nazi at my expense?? Classy move  :laugh:

Here here!

Oh so IOW you were just trying to play grammar Nazi at my expense?? Classy move  :laugh:

Grammar Nazi? You need to take a break and have a drink. Maybe someone can loan you a sense of humor.

• 3 weeks later...

I've always liked single malt scotch and irish whiskey.  Mainly Macallan (18yo) and Bushmills (21yo single malt).  I may have contributed to impacting the availability of the Bushmills 21yo on the east coast after bringing a bottle to grouse camp in NH this past October!  There were probably more than a few "converted souls" after sampling that nectar of the gods!  I guess I'll need to bring a bottle to the Catskill gathering!!

I've been slowly trying out some of the small batch bourbons.  I always hated the standard bourbons of the past like Jim Beam, JD, etc.  Even the smell of those would turn my stomach.

I recently discovered Jefferson's Reserve (Very Old) and Woodford Reserve (masters collection white corn).  This stuff is day and night over the old style bourbon.  I really like it.

Speaking of glasses - I have some of the Canadian Glencairn and the traditional Glencairns.  The traditional definitely suits scotch, but the Canadian style is perfect for Irish or bourbon.

Due to some comments on here, I found some Buffalo Trace and decided to try it.

Not too shabby at all...

braque du upstate
I've been feuding with my neighbor.  He's a knob creek guy , and I'm a buffalo trace man . Think he's on to something.  Plus he makes a hell of a whisky sour. I usually drink on ice, but a good  cocktail works.
  • 2 weeks later...

I've been working just about every day for the last month or so.  This past Saturday I had the rare day off and decided I would get some BBQ from the best place around.  The owner is a BBQ maniac and a big fan of craft beers and bourbon.

While sampling a nice brew, I noticed a couple of bottles of Pappy Van Winkle on the shelf with all the other bourbons.  I asked the young man behind the bar which bottles they were.  10YO and 15YO.  A little voice tells me....15YO.  The young lad poured me a whisky glass with about 2.5 ounces worth.  I figured this was really going to cost me!

I now know what all the hype is about!  Crazy smooth and beyond delicious!!  Given the prices that I've seen online for bottles, I guess I lucked out.  $25 on the bill.  No way I'd ever pay the bottle prices, but it was worth $25 for the amount he poured!