REGISTERING FOR MEMBERSHIP ON UPLAND JOURNAL Read more... ×
MEdooGuide

Hunting with a gopro?

Scar

Scar

I posted several videos in another thread I prepared from footage shot using my GoPro last season.  It's a great way to keep a more permanent record of your hunts.  Looking back I wish I'd had (and used) the technology over the years to capture some of my earlier dogs and the friends I hunted over them with.

3crosses

Daughter bought some pivot head glasses some years ago. Here is one of her efforts with wearing them dove hunting.

Scar

I've posted this elsewhere on the board but wanted to show how a GoPro has added significantly to my hunting experiences.  Rhett only has a handfull of years remaining but this point/flush will be mine forever.  Add to that all the friends and family I've captured on camera in the last 2 years and I can truly say my camera is almost as important as my gun when I go on a hunt.

ccavacini

Wow. 

I've got a Yi, a GoPro knock off.  So far, I've shot some video of bird hunting.  Will Take it to Canada this June and film some catches.

wijager

I like hubs go pro videos, great stuff.  It would be cool to have the videos of my dogs, I don't think I will ever do it though at least not in the near future.  I kind of have to laugh however when I watch  videos of people shooting over the shoulder of another hunter.  Man if you watch it on your own video it may be time to think about your shot selection. And the safety of others.  One of the reasons I hunt alone most of the time.

Scar

I've been posting videos on Instagram.  It takes some editing but the clips are fun to share.

TimJ

Anyone looking at getting a gopro for hunting might want to look at the Hero5 right now. There have been deals going on that put it down around $250 at a lot of places. The Session cameras have also went way down.

I had a gift card to Scheels and ended up paying about $160, no way I could pass that up. I sure wouldn't have paid the $400 they wanted a year ago but now it's at a much more reasonable price point.

Tim