REGISTERING FOR MEMBERSHIP ON UPLAND JOURNAL Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JK SE PA

Super duty with 6.2l V8

JK SE PA
I was wondering if anyone had any experience with or opinions on the Ford Super Duty trucks with the 6.2l V8, specifically the 250?  Any known issues with this motor?

jbeck
I can't answer your motor questions at all, but it seems like you are moving forward on the truck front.  Brandy and Gretta approve!  ?

JK SE PA
Not 100% on the moving forward part.  I'm still researching options and figuring out what will or won't work.  I've heard this is a good dependable motor and haven't really turned up anything negative through searches so I figured I'd see what the collective brain here had to say.

blanked
I definitely think the 2017 look is way better than before

OldSarge
I have the 6.2L V8 w/ 6sp auto trans in a 2012 F-150 Harley Davidson edition. Same setup they put in the Raptor. It is one awesome motor for performance. It does like gas though, about 15-17mpg. Maybe if my foot wasnt so heavy I'd get better mileage. I don't know what it would be like in a heavier truck or different tranny. All I know is that it has power for days.

henryrski
I have a 2014 F250, 4door, full bed with the 6.2. The thing goes like hell and is super comfortable. 15-17 MPG.

Jim Vander
Took my buddies 2016 to MT this year very comfortable on highway and performed well in moderate off road conditions. Did not have occasion to really push it off road. We never got more that 14 from the 6.2 we were heavily loaded though.

JK SE PA
Wow, 15-17 mpg.  That's pretty good considering the size of the motor and the weight of the truck it's in.  I appreciate the insight.

B J Smith
Hit the ford truck forums and you will get a ton of great info. Lots of techs and shade tree mechanics go there all the time . Lots of informative YouTube videos too.

JK SE PA
Thanks B J.