Hunting,shooting quotes

The gauge of the gun is an index to the ability of the man to prove his manhood........if it's a 12g,he is so-so,if it's a 16,he is pretty good,if it's a 20g,he is excellent and if it's a 410 he is bragging---Robert Ruark

Somehow the sound of a shotgun tends to cheer one up --R/Ruark

There are only two things more beautiful than a good gun---a Swiss watch or a women from anywhere-----John Ireland

Must be tons more,what have you got :)  :)  :)

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Brad Eden

• gunsrus

• redwing

• FRODO

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

"Full choke is a demanding mistress; improved cylinder a forgiving friend."  Bob Brister, "Shotgunning:  The Art and the Science".

"Life's too short to waste hunting with anyone other than a gentleman." Unsure? Annonymous?

Shoot where there going, not where they've been.

Larry Brown
"Full choke is a demanding mistress; improved cylinder a forgiving friend."  Bob Brister, "Shotgunning:  The Art and the Science".

The gauge of the gun is an index to the ability of the man to prove his manhood........if it's a 12g,he is so-so,if it's a 16,he is pretty good,if it's a 20g,he is excellent and if it's a 410 he is bragging---Robert Ruark

So I guess a 28g is perfect...

"Anyone who said you can't buy happiness forgot about puppies"

I think it is Gene Hill

"Life's too short to waste hunting with anyone other than a gentleman."

Unsure? Annonymous?

"Thereitgoesthereitgoesthereitgoesthereitgoes..."

Newbie grouse hunter

"I didn't see it long enough to pull the trigger! How do you shoot these things?!?" Ben Kreuger. He's my 16 year old next door neighbor and that is his response after we flushed the 4th grouse of the day and I asked why he didn't shoot at it for the 4th time.

Other than that I'll have to do a little research to make sure I get the quotes right. Lost of good ones and many of my favorites are from Aldo Leopold.

'tis better to miss with style than hit with bad form----Col Peter Hawker
Dave Quindt
"Much of the pleasure of shooting is what accompanies it and sharing it all with a good friend" - George Bird Evans

"He dressed [for the hunt] as though he were an extra in a movie about starving Welsh coal miners." Gene Hill

An apt description of my hunting partner of many years.