Sign in to follow this  
redwing

Hunting,shooting quotes

Brad Eden

"I can shoot a lot better when I'm alone and without an audience."

Brad Eden...

Ben Hong
You just can't let the good old USA get any props...can ya Ben... :oops

Sorry Brad that was not a question of "props", but rather the blatant spreading of lies and ignorance. Stormin' Norman should have known better, unless he was egregiously misquoted.

And Hub, please be advised that I am trying my best not to respond to your puerile and clearly political taunt...in deference to the slighted Brad and in compliance to board guidelines.

ccavacini
What people don't understand is this is something that we only have in America.

There is no other country in the world where the ordinary citizen can go out and enjoy hunting and fishing.

There's no other nation in the world where that happens.

And it's very much a part of our heritage.

Norman Schwarzkopf

Sorry I posted it.  No harm or slam intended.

Cooter Brown

There is no other country in the world where the ordinary citizen can go out and enjoy hunting and fishing.

Norman Schwarzkopf

Um, isn't Canada in America?

gunsrus

Norman Schwarzkopf

Cooter , you a smart man !

FRODO

Norman Schwarzkopf

You can be more respectful. Maybe a touch of Canadian humility would help.

PartridgeCartridge

Sorry Brad that was not a question of "props", but rather the blatant spreading of lies and ignorance. Stormin' Norman should have known better, unless he was egregiously misquoted.

And Hub, please be advised that I am trying my best not to respond to your puerile and clearly political taunt...in deference to the slighted Brad and in compliance to board guidelines.

Awesome post there ben.

Ben Hong

Brad, Hub, ccavacini, Cooter, etc. et al. I apologize for teeing off this afternoon in response to a

post from Hub, a guy whom I have known, and liked, for 14 years. Sometimes it is hard to leave the reality of real life off the 'net, especially if that reality involves a particularly odious neighbour. (A person, not country as someone already misread the meaning).

PartridgeCartridge
Sometimes it is hard to leave the reality of real life off the 'net, especially if that reality involves a particularly odious neighbour.

Seriously ben?

You find the USA to be "extremely unpleasant and repulsive" given your use of that word?

Do you really feel that way about us?

salmontogue

I have dual citizenship, USA and Canada.  Does this mean I can freely insult everyone on both sides of the border and evade criticism?

I think Canuckians are overly sensitive and Americans are overly abrasive.  The combination is troublesome unless one has dual citizenship.  Thumbing my nose at everyone, lol.

I often have conversations in two voices.  They normally lead to arguments that tire me to the point that I need a nap.

Perk

Ben Hong

Sometimes it is hard to leave the reality of real life off the 'net, especially if that reality involves a particularly odious neighbour.

Seriously ben?

You find the USA to be "extremely unpleasant and repulsive" given your use of that word?

Do you really feel that way about us?

Dave, my real person neighbour who lives 300 yards from me, an ex-con. That is the odious miscreant that I was referring to.

PS:I like Americans, even though they are a tich sensitive :D .

Cold Iron

I have dual citizenship, USA and Canada.  Does this mean I can freely insult everyone on both sides of the border and evade criticism?

I think Canuckians are overly sensitive and Americans are overly abrasive.  The combination is troublesome unless one has dual citizenship.  Thumbing my nose at everyone, lol.

I often have conversations in two voices.  They normally lead to arguments that tire me to the point that I need a nap.

Perk

It is the Americans from the NE that are overly abrasive IMO. And experience. Canadian ships are not dry unlike the US Navy and I have drank a beer or two in Hong Kong, Australia and other places on them on invite. And have helped more than one Aussie back to his vessel usually with a Canadian on the other side, so don't agree with the lack of military support from Canada, they are sharp as a glass honed knife and kick arse at least IME.

Been there done that with Aussies, Canadians, English and Irishmen, I'd  sail to hell and back with them all in a war time situation. And have during Desert Storm. They have your back and I have theirs. Don't mean to push the post hole digger, just saying what my experience has been.

redwing
"on some days,some americans can shoot better than some canadians,but on other days---------"--anonymous :devil:  :D  :D  :D

gunsrus
Never really thought about it until Cooter posted . There is Canada and there is the USA and we are North America . I am glad for our neighbors to the North and couldn't envision having anyone else I'd want there .

Cooter Brown

...an ex-Conn. That is the odious miscreant that I was referring to.

So it's just people from Connecticut you don't like?  Just giving you a chance to clarify.

To get us back on track how about another brilliant hunting quote:

"Boots and saddles, boys.  These birds aren't gonna kill themselves!"  Cooter Brown, 2007.