Hunting,shooting quotes

charlo slim

It's not what we don't know that gets us in trouble, it's what we know that ain't so -- MT/WR

Not a quote specific to hunting/shooting, but certainly one that is very often applicable. Also one of the greatest quotes of all time, IMO.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Brad Eden

• gunsrus

• redwing

• FRODO

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

"Full choke is a demanding mistress; improved cylinder a forgiving friend."  Bob Brister, "Shotgunning:  The Art and the Science".

"Life's too short to waste hunting with anyone other than a gentleman." Unsure? Annonymous?

Shoot where there going, not where they've been.

While it is eminently desirable that a hunter should be able to rough it....it is yet not at all necessary that he should refrain from comfort of a wholesome sort when it is obtainable

T.R.

POTUS #26

Good one!  The older I get, the more this one makes sense.

When asked about locating Grouse.....

"Grouse are where you find them"

a quote from someone on this site...can't remember if it was Lars or BriarScratch or Brad or....

When asked about locating Grouse.....

"Grouse are where you find them"

a quote from someone on this site...can't remember if it was Lars or BriarScratch or Brad or....

Reads a lot like "It is what it is".

• 2 weeks later...

What's up with all these nasty yankee-canuck insults flyin back and forth, and getting exceptions taken? Not playin that game. I thought we are best partners. Cant we all just get along, keep to the high road, and keep our focus on the f'ng hockey games?

Flustrated redwing fan. :O

"There's a lot of stuff that looks like coyotes, but not many coyotes that look like stuff."

My old coyote hunting buddy who shall remain nameless in an effort to protect my reputation. :D

"There is an old New England saying to the effect that if you give a man a shotgun, a bird dog and a violin, he won't amount to a damn."

**William Harnden Foster**

More of a fishing quote and not sure from whom but I'll pharaphrase on of my favorite.

No man can really comprehend the concept of and instant in time until he in the midst of a fight with a big fish on light tackle , and then the line parts. I'll remember that sob forever.

Larry Brown
One of my favorites (not hunting related) from a movie:  "If you need to shoot . . . SHOOT!  Don't talk about it!"  Eli Wallach as "The Ugly" in "The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly".

"Duck hunting is a shitty spectator sport".

California duck hunter Frank Higgins.