REGISTERING FOR MEMBERSHIP ON UPLAND JOURNAL Read more... ×
dogrunner

Hockey

dogrunner

Yes lets go Bolts. That game last night was blowout. 

madduckdog

BLUES

jeff88

TPA/PGH should be a good series - two similar teams that play a skill/speed game.  Am pretty worried about facing the Bolts as weren't the Pens 0-3 versus them this year?  The Bolts seem to have PGH's number.  Also the Bolts won the East last year so there's that as well. 

Congratulations to Blues and Sharks fans in the west, great series wins. 

MN Tonester

Don't know if they've got the moxie to carry through to the finish, but go Blues

dogrunner

Watched the end of the Bolts on sat. They looked good.

jeff88

They did look good.  Pens need to wake up and get rolling otherwise Malkin will be joining Ovie in Russia.

dogrunner

Penguins tied it up with the overtime goal by the cry baby.

dogrunner

Uh oh lightning did not look good, gave up way too many shots.

Clueless1
3 minutes ago, dogrunner said:

Uh oh lightning did not look good, gave up way too many shots.

Pens actually look like they've matured.  Morning show here is asking if listeners would be satisfied with a Finals loss or if the Pens have to win it all.  Love the Pgh media.  No mention of the Pens having to win two more games in this series!

Ben Hong

With Bishop and Stamkos in the lineup, this would be a terrific series. Without them the Bolts are iffy to beat the Pens.

SJ and St. Louis are two teams I would love to see in the final, but alas one of them will get to play bridesmaid again.

Big Al

I was at the game last night and it was one of the worst games I have seen the Lightning play.  They had no defensive answer to the Penguins.  Bishop is a big part of the defensive zone clearing because of his puck handling skill.  I think they are missing that.

Stamkos coming back would be nice but probably isn't happening this series.  He might have played his last game as a Lightning already.

jeff88

Pens looked really good in all phases last night.  Hard to believe but if I were voting for series MVP thus far, would have to pick Kessel.  He was a beast last night.  Kudos to TB's goalie, he too was a beast.  30 shots turned away before the Pens scored.  Playing catch-up, TB left him behind too often.  Maybe Bishop would be better, hard to say, this 21 YO kid is really well-positioned on the shots he's faced and he seems to also know the Pens tendencies.  Murray looking pretty good too.  Both keepers were about the same in terms of % of shots saved.

The Bolts will play much better tomorrow especially if they get ahead before the 3rd period.  If they are behind, it will be tough to get the win.  Pens play a pretty good 3rd when they have the lead going in.

This is such a classic hockey interview after game #2:

Pierre MaGuire:  Sid, how did you score that amazing goal?

Crosby:   Doomo got off a great pass to Rusty who dropped a perfect dish to me.

Yup.  No mention of himself, all credit to teammates, humble response.  This is what I love about this game; these players are respectful, courteous and loathe to take personal credit no matter how fantasticlly they just did.  Now imagine this was 90% of the NBA or 85% of the NFL answering such a question.  There would be 4-5 "I's" and when giving credit it would start with "me and...".

dogrunner

Blues gave it to them good last night, hoping the Bolts do the same thing tonight.

jeff88
51 minutes ago, dogrunner said:

Blues gave it to them good last night, hoping the Bolts do the same thing tonight.

Me, I'm nervous as a cat tonight about this game.  Bolts/Pens turning into what looks like a series that has potential to be a classic.  Puck dropping in a few minutes.  Go Pens!  BTW, good to see the west also tied in their series. 

dogrunner

Lightning strikes again.