REGISTERING FOR MEMBERSHIP ON UPLAND JOURNAL Read more... ×
dogrunner

Hockey

jeff88

They sure did.  Pens have some insane streak of winning games when they lead at the end of the 2nd period, something like 46 straight games.  Plus they have not lost back-to-back going back to mid-season.  The Bolts busted those streaks wide open last night.

TB did a much better job in front of the net than the Pens.  It's desperation hockey in PGH, sure would like a game 7.  If the Bolts do prevail, I'll be rooting for them to take it all.  Great character and skill - tough to beat.  Pens have to show what they are made of now. 

Dogwood

If the Bolts make it to another final Red Wings owner Mike I might think about poaching GM Stevie Y back to his home.  At least I hope so; Ken Holland needs to go.

Carry on.

Big Al
13 hours ago, Dogwood said:

If the Bolts make it to another final Red Wings owner Mike I might think about poaching GM Stevie Y back to his home.  At least I hope so; Ken Holland needs to go.

Carry on.

Oh no you don't.  Stevie is real happy in Tampa¬¬

Man what a series.  I get to see the Lightning close out another round at home tonight.  The character of this team this year is amazing.  They are getting the job done while missing a few key components.  Go Bolts!!!!

jeff88
5 hours ago, Big Al said:

Oh no you don't.  Stevie is real happy in Tampa¬¬

Man what a series.  I get to see the Lightning close out another round at home tonight.  The character of this team this year is amazing.  They are getting the job done while missing a few key components.  Go Bolts!!!!

Hmmmmm, that reads to me like a foregone conclusion.  While the Pens are reeling, they are not on the mat yet.  Go Pens!!!!!

Big Al
27 minutes ago, jeff88 said:

Hmmmmm, that reads to me like a foregone conclusion.  While the Pens are reeling, they are not on the mat yet.  Go Pens!!!!!

I thought it was.:D

The Lightning screwed up last year and didn't finish off the Rangers at home in the sixth game. They had to go back to NYC and win game seven.  It would not be a good thing to go back to Pittsburgh against the Pens. 

dogrunner

I hope lightning strikes for the last time tonight, lets finish it. 

Ben Hong

Pens 3 zip after 2! No jump in the Bolts' game. They DON'T want to go to Pitts. 

dogrunner

Yep they did not look good, now its a 1 game series. o.O

jeff88
21 hours ago, Big Al said:

I thought it was.:D

The Lightning screwed up last year and didn't finish off the Rangers at home in the sixth game. They had to go back to NYC and win game seven.  It would not be a good thing to go back to Pittsburgh against the Pens. 

TB once again will not go down quietly, in period 3 they were all over PGH.  This is a very tight series with 6 games separated by two goals.  No wonder it's tied.  Both teams are deserving from where I sit.  The TB goalie as usual was a brick wall.  Last night we got to see 87 make a mind-bending play on the 3rd goal.

Here's Crosby when asked about his goal:

"Horny (Hornquist) got a turnover that got to over to me, if it weren't for that we'd have had nothing."

Here's what happened:

Hornquist busts a play on the boards and the puck slides over toward Sid.  Sid picks it up then takes a hit from player 1 maintaining control, fights off a hook from player 2, dekes out player 3 then slams a wicked worm burner past player 4 as player 3 slashes his mid-section.  The funny part to me was Horny was getting to the bench without a clue what was happening behind him, he figured he was just way-laying the puck from TB.

Further evidence of why hockey fans outside of PGH hate Crosby so much -- he's not on your team.  GO PENS!!!!!!! 

dogrunner

I liked the kessel goal especially the second one on his on goalie. 

Clueless1
1 hour ago, dogrunner said:

I liked the kessel goal especially the second one on his on goalie. 

Should not have been allowed.  There was a clear 'kicking motion'.xD

Big Al

Well there's always Thursday.  When the goal was disallowed by the off side challenge it took all the steam out of the Lightning and the crowd.  Pens came ready to play and except for the third period the Lightning didn't.  The Bolts are a good bounce back team from a lose so Thursday could be very entertaining. Fun series.  Just wish Bishop hadn't got injured.

Yes that Crosby goal was vintage Crosby.  But would I really have to like him if he was on the Lightning?xD

jeff88
1 hour ago, Big Al said:

Well there's always Thursday.  When the goal was disallowed by the off side challenge it took all the steam out of the Lightning and the crowd.  Pens came ready to play and except for the third period the Lightning didn't.  The Bolts are a good bounce back team from a lose so Thursday could be very entertaining. Fun series.  Just wish Bishop hadn't got injured.

Yes that Crosby goal was vintage Crosby.  But would I really have to like him if he was on the Lightning?xD

Yes you would because you wouldn't be able to help yourself. 9_9

jeff88
2 hours ago, Clueless1 said:

Should not have been allowed.  There was a clear 'kicking motion'.xD

Yeah, I thought it wasn't right that Kessel was only credited with 1 goal last night.  That "own" goal really hopped up the Bolts.  It was as though they just woke up from a nightmare screaming bloody murder.  I wish Bishop was playing too, this Vasileski kid is amazing.  Can Bishop be that much better?  He's faced a huge number of shots in 6 games and has stood up really well.  Pens fans are highly impressed.  Sorry for likely misspelling his name. 

Longrifle

I think when Bishop was carried out in Game 1 it really deflated the crowd.  It will be rocking for Game 7.