REGISTERING FOR MEMBERSHIP ON UPLAND JOURNAL Read more... ×
dogrunner

Hockey

dogrunner

Sharks are on to the Cup for the first time, they attacked the blues and pretty much took care of them easily. 

jeff88
1 hour ago, dogrunner said:

Sharks are on to the Cup for the first time, they attacked the blues and pretty much took care of them easily. 

Congrats to the Sharks, they are strong everywhere you look on the ice.  TB or PGH will have their hands full especially coming off this grueling series.  Four days rest helps a little.  GO PENS!!!!!!!

Ben Hong

Hmmmm...normally I would say that the Pens are my fovourite non-Habs team but when I look at the likes of Thornton and Marleau, two classy long suffering vets toiling in the NHL hinterlands, ya gotta go wit' your heart. The Sharks will win the Cup this year. Book it!

PS: Ward-o will score the Cup winner, heehee!

jeff88
1 hour ago, Ben Hong said:

Hmmmm...normally I would say that the Pens are my fovourite non-Habs team but when I look at the likes of Thornton and Marleau, two classy long suffering vets toiling in the NHL hinterlands, ya gotta go wit' your heart. The Sharks will win the Cup this year. Book it!

PS: Ward-o will score the Cup winner, heehee!

Is there a button I can push to state "Don't like this"?  :)

Understood Ben, unfortunately I have no choice but to write:  GO PENS!!!!!!!

Big Al
On 5/25/2016 at 4:51 PM, jeff88 said:

this Vasileski kid is amazing.  Can Bishop be that much better?  He's faced a huge number of shots in 6 games and has stood up really well.  Pens fans are highly impressed.  Sorry for likely misspelling his name. 

I don't think anybody can spell his name.

Lightning are 5-1 overall in game sevens.  Have only given up 3 goals in the process.

Go Bolts.    I miss the "lightning bolt" emoticon that my I phone has.:)

DAP

Let's go Pens.  

Though their game 7 home losses over the past few years has me quite concerned.

Ben Hong

The Pens' best players were their best players and they deserved the win. 

I really question the the wisdom of playing Stamkos for various reasons, the most glaring was that he could have disrupted the mood and chemistry of the Bolts, who have played well without him.

dogrunner

Decent game, I think the Sharks have a good chance for a cup. The kid that lit the lamp twice last night grew up about 40 miles from me, he has been playing real good for them even though he is a rookie. 

sneem

i don't think Tampa Bay showed up. The Pens totally outplayed them but they only lost by one goal. Any real effort from them and they could have had the win. I also question playing Stamkos. He couldn't be in game shape of mental sharpness.

I think the Sharks have a real shot. That's because by friend who lived in San Jose and was a season ticket holder for years, moved to Oregon last fall. With him gone, the Sharks look like a winner. Its just the way life works.

jeff88

TB was a tough foe and the Pens are fortunate to be moving on.  Is there anything in sports as cool as the final game handshake in Hockey?  These two teams beat the living h*ll out of each other over 7 games of fever pitch play but were to a man, courteous and generous in the line and post game.  Also, it was really nice to see the young goalies exchange a few more words than congratulations.  Like I wrote before, I was rooting for either of the teams to win it all, even the ex-Rangers in TB, should the Pens not make it through.  Now it's decided, Sharks vs. Pens for The Cup.  This is exciting and amazing for we 'Burghers.

Am in Australia for games 1 & 2 next week, will be trying to watch them on Tuesday and Thursday mornings while there.

GO PENS!!!!

Ben Hong
4 minutes ago, jeff88 said:

These two teams beat the living h*ll out of each other over 7 games of fever pitch play but were to a man, courteous and generous in the line and post game.  Also, it was really nice to see the young goalies exchange a few more words than congratulations.  

I agree that this one tradition that is the summary of what (originally) was a feature of Canadian sports and still is in school sports, minor hockey games, etc. should be cherished as a reminder that in the end, any sport that we play is SPORT after all. The only time I can remember in my 65 years of watching hockey that someone dared to sully the spirit of this noble tradition was 2 years ago when the most hated Bruin of all, Milan Lucic, threatened two Habs and shoved them. 

Big Al

Of course I was disappointed and all kind of excuses could be floated for the Lightning's poor performance but there is no doubt that the better team won.  Congrats Jeff.

I do disagree with you guys about playing Stamkos.  The team needed a spark and there was a chance he could have been it.  As it turns out he wasn't.  Medically if he wasn't ready there's no way he plays.  Vasi had the same issue last fall and came back in the same amount of time.

I have never rooted for the Pens and I'm not starting now.  Thornton and Marleau have paid their dues and now they need to win.  Go Sharks.

jeff88

It's kind of a Pittsburgh thing but as fans, we really do prefer to have others root against our teams.  Hines Ward had the classic Pittsburgher chip on his shoulder where he believed he was the most disrespected human on the planet and we loved it.  I recall in the '70's when Dallas anointed themselves "Americas Team" and when asked how he felt about playing Americas Team, Jack Lambert replied asking how Dallas felt about playing Pittsburgh's team.  Go 'dahtahn pictsburgh' some 'tahm' and see that the citizens believe black and gold are the only two colors of apparel one should own.  This is a sports town like few others. 

BTW, last night with somewhere over 10 minutes to go in the game I could not sit and was standing waving the Terrible Towel like a good old yinzer should.  My wife believes I'm nuts, she is probably right.

dogrunner

I hope the pens lose and I bet the ratings will be poor with these 2 teams. Detroit is a sports town but the lions Still Suck.