Hockey

Tonight's the night, I got the Sharks in 6, hope there good games.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• dogrunner

• jeff88

• Ben Hong

• Big Al

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Might as well fuel the hate.  Sidney Crosby walks into a bar and orders an Ovechkin.   The bartender looks puzzled and asks what's in it.  Crosby replies "it's a bitter white russian, but you have to

Let's go Pens

15 hours ago, dogrunner said:

Tonight's the night, I got the Sharks in 6, hope there good games.

Well you sure got a good game right off the bat.  Nice showing by the Pens in period 1, the Sharks in the 2nd, back to the Pens in the 3rd.  Either team could have won tonight, both had a lot of chances.  Another strong goalie exhibition.

GO PENS!!!!

Pens destroyed them in the 1st, hard to believe it was not 5-0.  They looked very fast and some great passing. I went to bed after that period surprised at the score this morning. 

3 hours ago, Ben Hong said:

NHL Stanley Cup Finals played as it should be. Excellent hockey.

Agree completely.  Lots of speed and skill on the ice. Looking forward to the rest of the series.

Love this story about the Bonino goal call from Hockey Night Punjabi in Canada. "Going viral" as the kids would say.

Story link

Wow, another tight game.  Both these teams have more than earned the right to be here.  This is a great series and could have gone either way.  Writing this at 4:20 PM in Melbourne, was able to see the entire 3rd period and OT uninterrupted from the office.

Go PENS!!!!

Some of the Sharks big guys are about as old as I am, or at least they looked  like it for long stretches last night. Reverse Crybaby of the night award; Couture for claiming Crosby times the faceoffs.  Zebras letting to much go on both sides, big difference between not disrupting Stanley Cup play and letting dangerous activity go.  Too many observed but uncalled high stick to the face, cross checks, and interference with intent. 

I'm enjoying the games but not the outcomes. The Pens forecheck is smothering.  These games look like repeats of the Lightning series.

Hope the Sharks make a series out of it.

Not many points to show for his efforts but from what I've seen, Crosby is on fire on the ice.  There is nothing he can't do right now.  His face-off win straight back to Letang, Letang's pump fake to free Sheary, and Sheary's accurate placement in the far corner past Hornquist's screen was movement like a Swiss watch. 

Wetdog, thanks for posting the Booooooneeeeeeenooooooooo Punjabi call, really funny.  

Go PENS!!!!    

Wow the Sharks finally won a game, only watched part of it but I still don't think they looked all that great.

I tuned in late last night and noticed someone was serving a 4 minute major... what happened? That guy lost it for the Pens as that major gave the Sharks the boost they needed..

59 minutes ago, Skybuster said:

I tuned in late last night and noticed someone was serving a 4 minute major... what happened? That guy lost it for the Pens as that major gave the Sharks the boost they needed..

Bonino slapped at a puck and his stick defected off Thorton's stick and hit him in the face. It drew blood so double minor. Pens killed about 3:50 worth and then Ward beat Murray on a shot goal from the top of the circle.  No screens or deflections, just blew it past him.

4 hours ago, Wet Dog said:

Bonino slapped at a puck and his stick defected off Thorton's stick and hit him in the face. It drew blood so double minor. Pens killed about 3:50 worth and then Ward beat Murray on a shot goal from the top of the circle.  No screens or deflections, just blew it past him.

Murray played really well except for that shot, it looked like it dipped enough for him to miss but still, it was straight at him.  That play should never had occurred, Crosby and Letang were caught too far up ice trying to get a shot off which sparked the 3 on 2 going back at Murray.  Thought the Pens were fairly sloppy, Malkin looked slow and lost while Ben Jones played his standard issue excellent game in the Shark's crease.  Guess I was hoping for a bit much last night, the Pens won 4 in a row going into game 3 and makes sense they'd have an off night.  Plus the Sharks were in desperation mode.  They finally got a lead in a game, too bad for PGH it was in overtime.  On to game 4, if the Sharks even it, this gets interesting.