Why is Hartman a 10, and I am a 1?

Cooter Brown
12 hours ago, Brad Eden said:

Turns out I can change the Advanced Member titles (there are Newbie Titles etc., based on how many posts a Member has made) and make those little bullets or circles an actual image...Given your measurement method the possibilities are not only endless but potentially vile...

Apparently users can do that as well--GIzmo's says "Owned by Griffs" and Trust Me's says "Troubled Loner".  Or maybe the software truly is smart enough to assign appropriate titles.

Mine still says "Advanced Member" which is true in every sense.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cooter Brown

• Brad Eden

• Greg Hartman

• Ben Hong

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Please 'splain...

I can disable this "reputation" Like function. I can also choose other reputation ranking stuff instead, which are even more incidious.   You cant keep everyone happy. I sure got sick of hea

Ben's now a 7 , "pity pluses" lol

14 hours ago, Cooter Brown said:

I had to quote this so everyone can "like" it a second time.

Cooter Brown
15 hours ago, Cooter Brown said:

37 minutes ago, trust me said:

I had to quote this so everyone can "like" it a second time.

Charlo Slim made the joke the first time.  Credit where credit is due, even if it is a crusty old one-gun-owning steel shooting rapscallion.

Greg Hartman
20 hours ago, Cooter Brown said:

TMI - to say the least!

Cooter Brown
4 hours ago, Greg Hartman said:

TMI - to say the least!

Greg, I don't care if Brad did get rid of the like counter thingy, you'll always be 10 to me!

Greg Hartman
1 hour ago, Cooter Brown said:

Greg, I don't care if Brad did get rid of the like counter thingy, you'll always be 10 to me!

Sweet....  And this on top of the whole "advanced member" discussion.  ACK!

Seriously, just change your title.  You can be anything you want.  I am now the Internet God.

Cooter spends a lot of time in Dahlonega bars looking for old grey beards

Cooter Brown
12 minutes ago, bobman said:

Cooter spends a lot of time in Dahlonega bars looking for old grey beards

Dammit bob! Dahlonega bars were supposed to be our little secret!

Cooter Brown
51 minutes ago, Greg Hartman said:

Seriously, just change your title.  You can be anything you want.  I am now the Internet God.

I am now the Internet Dog.

So there.

Cooter Brown
14 hours ago, bobman said:

lol doggie style is popular in the mountains

Right popular most everywhere, missionary man.

Since I don't do social exchanges like Facebook am not familiar with rankings, ratings, liking or friending though am sure that comes through from my posts.  To me, the UJ is a respite from all that in its prior state.  So I don't like "like" or ratings.  Liking also may curtail what is at least some of the most humorous comments I've seen or heard anywhere and I'd hate to see that happen.  Also, do we want the UJ to be a safe place?  People overly concerned with their rep?  The UJ to me has always been at a minimum a great water cooler substitute and even better, a bar room table after a good day afield.

Cooter Brown
50 minutes ago, jeff88 said:

Since I don't do social exchanges like Facebook am not familiar with rankings, ratings, liking or friending though am sure that comes through from my posts.  To me, the UJ is a respite from all that in its prior state.  So I don't like "like" or ratings.  Liking also may curtail what is at least some of the most humorous comments I've seen or heard anywhere and I'd hate to see that happen.  Also, do we want the UJ to be a safe place?  People overly concerned with their rep?  The UJ to me has always been at a minimum a great water cooler substitute and even better, a bar room table after a good day afield.

My feelings exactly, precisely, right down the line all the way.  Like Jeff I hate to think that the like button might curtail or become a shorthand for the responses to posts, sometimes humorous, sometimes informative, that make this place what it is.

But it's a Facebook world, or at least in some ways Facebook has changed people's expectations and forum boards and the people who create them feel the need to meet those expectations.  I think it's also a generational thing to some degree.  I didn't come up expecting to have my worth and self esteem reaffirmed every 20 minutes.

I liked Jeff's post so much I "Liked" it.

But quoted and commented too.

I have enabled the ability for Members to change titles. Tread lightly...I can also disable it, because after all I am the Big Kahuna.

3 hours ago, jeff88 said:

Note one of my previous Posts. I disabled the rating system. The Like thing is reasonably benign, and I dont think it will compromise participation to any great degree. Fact is....this board has been compromised by Facebook....so keeping the Like along with the advanced Photo Uploading might just help keep this traditional Board from becoming extinct.