REGISTERING FOR MEMBERSHIP ON UPLAND JOURNAL Read more... ×
Uplander

Olympics

salmontogue

This is not serious  We were joking with each other over a famous quotation.

Perk

Brad Eden
22 minutes ago, salmontogue said:

This is not serious  We were joking with each other over a famous quotation.

Perk

You don't know Ben well enough then....;)

Ben Hong
1 hour ago, Brad Eden said:

I don't referee conflicts between countries, in this case US and Canada. B Hong and a salmontogue take this somewhere else, thank you.

Jeeze people, take a deep breath and r  e  l  a  x. If you didn't recognize it, it is what they call banter and badinage, thrust and parry, shooting the shit...Not to be taken as an attempt to destroy the UJ. Jeeeze!

Brad Eden
7 minutes ago, Ben Hong said:

Jeeze people, take a deep breath and r  e  l  a  x. If you didn't recognize it, it is what they call banter and badinage, thrust and parry, shooting the shit...Not to be taken as an attempt to destroy the UJ. Jeeeze!

You must be talking to me since you quoted my obligatory 'shot across the bow' post. Board history and Posthole logs don't support that my good friend, thus my flinchiness. I will continue to throw water on any ember of 'border conflicts'. That is above my pay grade to moderate. Otherwise banter away!

Cooter Brown

Canada has weird bacon.

Curt
14 minutes ago, Cooter Brown said:

Canada has weird bacon.

Yep, it's also a land of conformists, ever take a look at a flock of Canada geese?

HAMMER DOG
45 minutes ago, Cooter Brown said:

Canada has weird bacon.

Travesty they even call that bacon, is it ham, is it bacon is it just a mystery meat?

HAMMER DOG
1 hour ago, Don Steese said:

After 11 years of wintering in Mexico I'm not at all surprised at this or at the way they solved the problem!  

I spent a year in Brazil, luckily Curitiba which is much better than Rio in many ways

Ben Hong
20 minutes ago, HAMMER DOG said:

Travesty they even call that bacon, is it ham, is it bacon is it just a mystery meat?

True story, 2 weeks ago I was in the checkout line at the supermarket and saw a lady behind me with a cart that contained a box (24 packages) of locally made maple smoked side bacon (normal kind), some locally made fresh sausage and 6 boxes of local fresh picked strawberries. In the conversation I started with her, she revealed that she was from New Hampshire and that every time she comes up to visit family she comes with an order for maple cured bacon from other friends and relatives.

Big Al

I like the winter olympics but not so much the summer games.  I'll probably watch women's beach volleyball though.O.o

I like Canadian bacon.  I even order it on my pizza.

grouse28

Thrasher is a model of an Olympian. A true champion.

Bullwinkle
On 8/5/2016 at 1:10 PM, Big Al said:

I like the winter olympics but not so much the summer games.  I'll probably watch women's beach volleyball though.O.o

I like Canadian bacon.  I even order it on my pizza.

Did you catch the one gal on the swiss team tonight?  Isabelle Forrer