REGISTERING FOR MEMBERSHIP ON UPLAND JOURNAL Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
topdog1961

08 weight loss thread

Ted Moore
Chubby, the theme I see here, is Chad has good covers to take you to, and you only have Garys shot out covers to take me to. When I was with real bird guys , Like Bob, Ben and shorthairgrousegod, I allways saw and missed birds, heck even with gramma John I saw birds. And for your edification, I even missed a grouse that the tard toby bumped, after I carried him across the stream with stever, and Keith, while you were trying to chase down your runoff, and the dwarf dog wouldn't leave your side.

The other thing, maybe your "friend" Chad plays for the same team as YOUR buddy Tom, and thats why he says your"big boned"

You are going to hell. But you made me laugh.

Ted

chad1043

Does this strap vest make my ass look big?

Chad

trev

All right, I'm in.

Age - 38

Ht - 5'11"

Wt - 274

Target - 215

Plan - Cut out all the $h!t I eat and excercise.

Hunshatt

Does this strap vest make my ass look big?

Chad

I don't care who you are , thats funny.

Hunshatt

Oh yea,

5'10"

218, looking for 195

Not "husky" or "big boned", but manly, no man bra requred(yet).

occupation, professional babysitter

Hunshatt
The other thing, maybe your "friend" Chad plays for the same team as YOUR buddy Tom, and thats why he says your"big boned"

I was not refering to Chad1403, as he "seems" to be playing for the same team as the rest of us, with the exclusion of the individuial previously noted

topdog1961

Today is donut Thursday in the office (we alternate Fridays off).  There is a huge box of them calling my name, so sweetly.  But I gotta stay strong.  I asked for some "good natured ribbing" if I do not stick to my plan.  But I got a feeling these guys could get vicious.

Speaking of which, did you hear about the health inspector who caught the huge sweaty bakery chef pressing dough in this navel?  

Inspector: What are you doing?

Chef:  Making muffins.

Inspector:  That's disgusting, I'm going to write you up.

Chef:  Good thing you weren't here earlier when I made the donuts.

With that thought in mind, maybe I can avoid the donuts.

x Bred Pointer

Height 5'11"

Age 52

Start weight 203

Target weight 185

My wife and I started Jan 1 with a our own diet that basically cuts out the high carb food such as bread, potatoes, root vegetables, pasta, sweets etc.

Basically we have been eating meat/fish and green vegetables such as salads, broccoli, cabbage, brussell sprouts, asparagus, beans etc. Snacking is restricted to fresh fruit only. Small portion of high fibre cereal or oatmeal for breakfast.

We did the Atkins a couple of years ago and certainly lossed the weight but it is just too hard to stick with.

Thinking about working out at the school gym but just walking a couple of miles in the evening so far.

I've only lost about 3 lbs so far but will pick up the exercise regimen a bit and see what happens.

Hunshatt
Bob, I think I'll start with the atkins, get close, then switch to the south beach, which seems to be a more liveable eating regiment

Rick T
Best of luck to all of you!  It really is a good thing you are doing and no easy task at that.  Last year my sixteen yr. old daughter wanted me to run with her as I was a runner through college (currently 50 y/o).  Before I could, I had to lose weight so as not to hurt the knees.  I am now back at my former running weight and feel great.  I now eat to maintain my current weight.  If I can do it anyone can.  Good luck to all and feel free to PM me if you need advice, encouragement or whatever.  I am not an expert by any stretch of the imagination but I know what worked for me.

Brad Eden
OK I'm in-maybe it will help my snoring problem. I'll weigh myself later and add my specs and goals. I'll pin this here or on UJ Events Forum later.

Hunshatt
To set the record straight, I did have a burger for lunch. It was a veggie burger, with no bread and mustard only.

Got to go do my 75 push ups before run/walking the dogs their 5 miles before bed.

Ted

Far as all your straight freinds are aware, the only veggei burger you ever ate was when you had that fruit , down p-town, after a "fishing" trip....... :down:  :down:

Briarscratch

Ted, I'm working on my pushups.  I'd be lying if I said I could do 75 good ones.  I got those "Perfect Pushups" for Christmas and after a couple weeks of misery I'm starting to like the darn things.  

PerfectPushup-B.jpg

So what are you guys all doing for exercise?

I got a gym membership with an option that will watch my kids for an 1.5 hours a day while I work out.  Tonight is my first night.  

I'm tired of packing this extra weight around.  Looking forward to being able to tie my shoes without turning purple.  An seeing my (you know) again.   :p

Clumber

B'scratch, I do 30 mins on an exercise bike (I HATE cardio) and then do 30 minutes of weights.

I hate cardio.  I used to be a runner but ruptured my right calf in softball a couple years ago and haven't been able to resume running since. I loved running.  I hate cardio machines.  BUT not only does cardio get the heart going and help drop fat, but it makes the weight-lifting much more effective. So I very grudgingly and with a lot of whining make myself do the cardio.

Right now we are hitting the gym 3 days a week for this, and I am only working on upper body muscles in the weights.  As I get back into the swing of it (and past the 1st two hell weeks of soreness) I will up that to 5 days a week, 3 days of upper bod weights, 2 alternate days of lower body weights.  I will eventually be back up to an hour of weights probably too.

Starting tonight (an alternate not-gym day) I am going to start walking also. At least 20 minutes.  I'll take my boy Briggs with me, and he'll make sure it is a very brisk pace.  Got to find some good walking areas in the new neighborhood!

Question - do we have to give stats too?  

We can do this!  Kickass! (yeah, as in kicking my own ass... owww owww...)

tracy (who hates cardio)