REGISTERING FOR MEMBERSHIP ON UPLAND JOURNAL Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
topdog1961

08 weight loss thread

Checo

NH MOJO on the way for you 12-Volt.  

Checo

brueggemanns

Yipes, 12V!!!  Take care of you and Illinois mojo headed your way.  Let us know what the cardio guy says.

I'm late to the party, and won't start until after MLK day, since I'll be on vaca then.  I need to lose 15 pounds, which is better than this time last year when I needed to lose 20.

spinster

Major mojo headed your way 12-volt. Keep us posted.

I'll join in...have 15 lbs to drop. Seems like the last 10 to 15 are always the hardest.

trev

NY MOJO headed at you 12 volt!

SW - 272

CW - 267

TW - 215

-5 lb to date

52 lb to go

trev
I just realized that I am carrying the equivalant of two 2 yr old boys around with me every step I take.  How's that for food for thought and incentive?

nickwilliams

I just realized that I am carrying the equivalant of two 2 yr old boys around with me every step I take.  How's that for food for thought and incentive?

I always think in terms of 16 lb bowling balls.

Brad Eden
201.2 lbs

atticus

No loss this week, which is strange because I'm eating less, feeling good and lost a pants size.  Time to add Cardio.

Total loss since December 30 = 10lbs

Start weight     260

Current weight  250

Goal 220

topdog1961

Week three results for me.

CW:246

SW:257

GW:200

week: 0

Surprised and grateful for no change. I had 5 good workdays last week, ate right and worked out each day.  Then the frozen three day weekend was spent mostly inside doing nothing but eating.  I'm lucky for no change.  Time to get back on the wagon.

Don't get discouraged Atticus.  I have a lot of experience in this weight loss game, and unfortunately just as much at weight re-gain.  You will go through periods where your body is adjusting to its new level of exercise and diet.  You will experience "plateaus" where your weight will remain unchanged for a couple weeks despite your best efforts.  This is when a lot of people get frustrated and give up.  But if you keep it up the weight will start to come off again.   But is will never be at the rate of the first two weeks or so.  The maximum long term weight loss rate should be  1% or less per week in my opinion and experience.

jmooney

Morning folks,

Starting back on Atkins today.  I gained 10lbs over the holidays (poop!).

Current Weight: 327

Long Term Goal: 225

Current Goal: 275 by UJ Gathering in Maine.

topdog1961

Best of luck jmooney.  As for the rest of you, what gives?  Has everyone dropped out already?  I'm struggling but at least I'm fessin up to it.  And Brad joined in then the next thing I know he is talking fried clams on another thread.  Talk about making it even harder on me!

CW: 246

BW: 257

GW: 200

week 4: 0

That's two straight weeks with no change.  I'm eating right and working out through the week but breaking down on the weekends.  At this rate, 200 is a long time off.

12V, please give update on your heart.

atticus

No loss for me again this week.  I need to join the gym.

since 12/30/07 down 10

Start 260

current 250

trev

sw - 272

cw - 265

tw - 215

Somehow lost 2# in last 2 weeks.  I find this remarkable considering all the family birthday and anniversary parties I've attended in the last 2 weeks.  I have absolutely no will power at these things, too many great cooks in my family.

I also have a beef with the women in my life.  They never do any baking - pies, cakes, cookies, etc - until I go on a diet.  My mom started this trend when I was a wrestler in HS and my wife has picked up the tradition since then.  I think it is an evil conspiracy to keep me where they can see me. :glare:

topdog1961
I know what you mean, trev.  My wife only weighs 115 pounds but she never encouraged me to loose weight, and even seemed to sabotage my attempts.  I think maybe she feared if I lost weight and became a paragon of health and vitality, some younger lady would whisk me away.  I never did anything to make her insecure but it happened in her first marriage (much to my benefit).   Recently she has become more supportive of my attempts to loose weight.  I suspect it has something to do with the amount of time (and $) she has spent at the eye doctor.  He finally got her vision restored to 20/20.  Once she got her first good look at me in 15 years she started feeling a lot more secure.   :D