What's on your end table, right now?

In an attempt to see what the current UJ family is reading, I'm interested in hearing what reading material you have at arms length - now that winter is settling in and the home fires are burning.

I have a copy of MacQuarrie's Stories of the Old Duck Hunters & Other Drivel that I am reading again and the latest issues of Gray's Sporting Journal and Sporting Classics.

What say you?

Ken

IMG_6282.JPG

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Wisconsin

• topdog1961

• Remo

• RuffChaser

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hey Wisconsin aka Ken, have you ever considered putting together a book with your columns? I had some talks with the editors of the magazine I wrote an outdoor column for. It was a possibility since I

My end table has a lamp on it.   My other end table has another lamp on it.

Just finished Captsick's "Death in the Long Grass" for the ? time.    This morning, a good friend returned my copies of Ruark's "Horn of the Hunter" and Babcock's "My Health is Better in Nov

Posted Images

The Rise Of Theodore Roosevelt.  Part of a 3 book series. I'm reading them out of order as actually this is the first of the series and covers his early life before the presidency. I read the last of the series first which was post presidency to his death.

Just finished Captsick's "Death in the Long Grass" for the ? time. 

This morning, a good friend returned my copies of Ruark's "Horn of the Hunter" and Babcock's "My Health is Better in November" so they'll probably get re-read next since he's had them for a few years. 

Fire Marshal Bill

Right now Gun Dog magazine is sitting on my arm chair. With the hunting season still on and the holidays looming, after which we head for Florida, I probably won't pick up a book until late January. 

Reading about testing grouse in PA...it's a short novel now but may become a long one. :)

Actually still hunting a lot so just reading magazines, Fur Fish & Game and PDJ.

The Drake magazine. Too wet to hunt today so I went fishing. 

Sweet16, that is a great book and a terrific series. 

An eclectic group of books I'm reading, concurrently! None have to do with hunting, guns or bird dogs!

John Adams by David McCullough

Hiroshima/Nagasaki by Paul Ham

Pioneer Days on the Shadowy St Joe by Orland Scott

Taming the Truffle: The History, Lore and Science of the Ultimate Mushroom by 3 different contributing authors

3 hours ago, Marc Ret said:

Just finished Captsick's "Death in the Long Grass" for the ? time.

Same here, my second favorite by Capstick is Death in a Lonely Land.

A single volume containing "King Solomon's Mines," "Allan Quatermain," and "She" by H. Rider Haggard.

Something about the 1800s "Lost World" genre really speaks to me.