2017 UJ Catskill gathering

The dates this year will be July 14,15 and 16. Mark your calendars. Bring a friend. The lodge can sleep 45 but no dogs inside, if you need to bring a four-legged friend they could be crated with someone in a cabin. The 5 cabins are booked already by those of us that were there last year. There may be some bunks open in a cabin or 2. More discussion as time rolls on.

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Zoli 16ga.

• polecat

• gunsrus

• Fire Marshal Bill

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As Zoli said another great weekend.More food then we could eat.   I did well I shot my normal 98 out of 100.The 28 ga championship went to hayslope.I would have won but they wouldn't let use

Wayne (FMB) and his wife brought some very tasty wings! Although my wife also had a good time, her keen eye prevented me from over indulging on crab cakes, All's great luncheon meats and cherries in a

The ladies also had some blueberry/cherry crunch and peanut butter squares for the sweet tooth.Thanks Jennifer,Cindi, Jane and Sam for helping clean up and the goodies.   We retired back to

NEVER too early to plan on this gathering!!  I can taste Gary's brisket already!!!!

I'll be with you in Spirit but physically I'll be on Vancouver Island BC heading South towards Victoria BC

15 hours ago, DennisMcFeely said:

I'm praying that's a euphemism Tony, I worry about what goes on in that cabin.

I thought Gary was in your cabin!!  Anyhow, comments like that may end up with Gary restricting who gets to sample his fine smoked work!!!

Bob , waaaay too early to start this thread . Already , look where it's ''headed'' . Once again , I warn all to stay away from Cabin 4. 

Sorry to piss on the parade. But come on guys, really? There are limits to the Posts I want associated with this Board. Anymore of the vile crap like I've deleted and you guys will have to find another Board to help organize this event. 

• 3 weeks later...

Hopefully some new faces this year . The ''28 gauge shoot'' is off to a good start with Don's (Zoli 16) buying a new Rizzini in hopes of defeating the "Brushbuster'' . Canada's other competitor Alan (Iver )has dreams of his own bringing the coveted trophy back across the border . Tony (hayslope) tried last year with his new Beretta but when he was told the winner takes all the guns he lost it . He was sent home scratching his head . Clint (drummers stump) shot well last year but one station took him down . He has been shooting every Sunday and claims good scores but he lives where the winters have a huge effect on real world reality . 

All the while Dennis (Brushbuster) just sits patiently waiting to crush the competition . He was using a loaner gun last year and threatened to buy his own . One can only hope that his finances are low and his dream gun is not fulfilled . 

Rumor has it that Brad's little Ruger 28 may make the trip . He probably shoots that little gem more than any of us .

If you don't have a 28 , I have a few that I can loan out . Great time and loads of fun . 

Well it looks like I have to drop out of the competition this year.  

I will be on a high adventure with the scouts (100 mile canoe trip in the Allagash Wilderness in Maine).  I hate to miss this event as I look forward to it every year but there is no way I'm missing out on a 10 day canoe trip with my son.

My money is on Clint!

Enjoy all I hope to make it in 2018!

All the more reason others should shoot the 28 . The playing field has been leveled . 

Dennis , you will be missed (but not a lot) . Sounds like a trip with your son that will be forever etched in both your minds . Enjoy !

19 hours ago, brushbuster said:

Well it looks like I have to drop out of the competition this year.  

I will be on a high adventure with the scouts (100 mile canoe trip in the Allagash Wilderness in Maine).  I hate to miss this event as I look forward to it every year but there is no way I'm missing out on a 10 day canoe trip with my son.

My money is on Clint!

Enjoy all I hope to make it in 2018!

I was thinking about your scout trip this morning. Sure hope Dennis and Bryan don't get carried away by black flies!