2017 UJ Catskill gathering

I would guess Mcfeely is going thru his recipe book.Hayslope is waiting for his chickens to lay more eggs,Gaberdeen is shinin up his smoker,Delahunter is waiting for low tide,Ruffneck is picking blueberries,Ted is plucking some organic chickens,Zoli is crushing pees to roll his Canadian bacon in,Al is seeing how many cases fit in the jeep,Pierre is trying to convince "Jack" to make an appearance,Irish Joe is stocking his Yeti with a bunch of microbrews,Grifish is waiting for his peaches to get ripe,Irish eyes is washing clams,Cindy and Bill are cleaning the car for the long ride,I have a table full of supplies laid out and will start hunting fresh veggies next week

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Zoli 16ga.

• polecat

• gunsrus

• Fire Marshal Bill

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As Zoli said another great weekend.More food then we could eat.   I did well I shot my normal 98 out of 100.The 28 ga championship went to hayslope.I would have won but they wouldn't let use

Wayne (FMB) and his wife brought some very tasty wings! Although my wife also had a good time, her keen eye prevented me from over indulging on crab cakes, All's great luncheon meats and cherries in a

The ladies also had some blueberry/cherry crunch and peanut butter squares for the sweet tooth.Thanks Jennifer,Cindi, Jane and Sam for helping clean up and the goodies.   We retired back to

Fire Marshal Bill

Well now, that sounds more like it!!! Everyone is busy getting ready for the big weekend. In addition to what we are bringing, my wife is going to make a Jimmy Dean sausage dip for Saturday appetizers. We'll need electricity for the crock pot. I  assume there is power at the pavilion?

3 minutes ago, Fire Marshal Bill said:

Well now, that sounds more like it!!! Everyone is busy getting ready for the big weekend. In addition to what we are bringing, my wife is going to make a Jimmy Dean sausage dip for Saturday appetizers. We'll need electricity for the crock pot. I  assume there is power at the pavilion?

Yep no worries

Wayne , the group is quiet this year because the 28 gauge crowd fears the man North of the Border ! He's on fire !!!

Zoli 16ga.

I'm burn'n up man! Sat on station seven and hit 25 for 25! Hit 4 in a row on station 8 high house from low gun position. Hopefully I'll get another round or two in before the comp. Need to work on the crossers. Had an older very laid back English guy watch me shoot, then he came over and asked if he could pull for me and give me tips. Oh ya...he knew his sh..t! He loved my gun also. Said it fit me nicely. I have to keep my head out of the game and shoot it like my twenty o/u. 

Zoli 16ga.

Hmmm...checked the humidity and pressure system moving in on the 14th....could effect my shooting....I'll have to see what kind of moon we're going to have also. 

Hope the winds are light.

Shouldn't be too many bugs flying around me?

Will the other course be closed? Can't have other gun fire breaking my concentration.

Kurt...did you get me extra hard shot loads? I shoot best with #8's. You said you got me #81/2's? 

Zoli 16ga.

Shot a round of trap with Brit gent the same day. Only hit 5. I gave him my puppy dog eyes....in shame. He said if I can hit five with a 3/4 once load of #71/2's and an IC choke...i did alright. My tail started wagging......

metaphorically speaking of course. Ill shoot case on thursday and friday....maybe get a tummy ache on Saturday.

Zoli 16ga.
2 hours ago, gunsrus said:

Wayne , the group is quiet this year because the 28 gauge crowd fears the man North of the Border ! He's on fire !!!

Oh sorry....did you mean Iver?

Zoli 16ga.

Secretly practicing with his AYA twentyeight?

Hope he brings some ribs again.

Fire Marshal Bill

Now that's more like it!!! Let's keep it going. It won't be long before we know who will have bragging rights for the 28 guage. Sounds like its going to be stiff competition. 

7 hours ago, Fire Marshal Bill said:

Now that's more like it!!! Let's keep it going. It won't be long before we know who will have bragging rights for the 28 guage. Sounds like its going to be stiff competition. 

I'll bring you a gun !

Fire Marshal Bill

Al , I will take my 20 gauge SXS 2 triggers. I'm not to bad on phez and w/c, but I suck when it comes to clays.  And grouse, well if I get one it was an accident. Lol