2017 UJ Catskill gathering

Yikes! First attempt to cross into the U.S failed! Border guys really doing a good job and noticed mismatched serial numbers on the guns I had. Stupid me! Time to get new glasses!

Nonetheless, we'll try again tomorrow morning. Still bringing my Rizzini twentyeight. I'll bring the two cases of 20ga. shells just in case someone has a spare 20ga. I can shoot after I crap out with the twentyeight....lol

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Zoli 16ga.

• polecat

• gunsrus

• Fire Marshal Bill

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As Zoli said another great weekend.More food then we could eat.   I did well I shot my normal 98 out of 100.The 28 ga championship went to hayslope.I would have won but they wouldn't let use

Wayne (FMB) and his wife brought some very tasty wings! Although my wife also had a good time, her keen eye prevented me from over indulging on crab cakes, All's great luncheon meats and cherries in a

The ladies also had some blueberry/cherry crunch and peanut butter squares for the sweet tooth.Thanks Jennifer,Cindi, Jane and Sam for helping clean up and the goodies.   We retired back to

bullseyebill
22 hours ago, bullseyebill said:

Funny you should mention creeks risin.  We just got hit (last night through tomorrow night)  with major rain.  While we are ok, Bill's sister's house (family homestead) has 6+ft of water in the basement.  Figuring out what we need to do.  Will keep everyone updated.

Cindy (and Bill)

Well, it stopped raining and the family homestead is still standing but was full of water (up to first step going down into the basement) as of 5pm yesterday.  The water has drained from the street and yard and 1 1/2 ft down in the basement.  Lot's of cleanup work to be done next week.

We are on our way to the UJ event and will see everyone tomorrow.  Stopping in State College tonight and meeting Jeff (ANFGrousin) and Janice for dinner.  Skipping DC (just not into it with everything going on at home).  

bullseyebill
1 hour ago, Zoli 16ga. said:

Yikes! First attempt to cross into the U.S failed! Border guys really doing a good job and noticed mismatched serial numbers on the guns I had. Stupid me! Time to get new glasses!

Nonetheless, we'll try again tomorrow morning. Still bringing my Rizzini twentyeight. I'll bring the two cases of 20ga. shells just in case someone has a spare 20ga. I can shoot after I crap out with the twentyeight....lol

Good luck tomorrow and enjoy the intermission to Border Control security theatre.

Thanks!

Hopefully Al brought a nice twenty A.H Fox I can run a couple of cases through!  Hopefully I'll be shooting the twentyeight well....well, well enough not to get discouraged, so I can burn two or three cases down her tubes.

See ya's at lunch tomorrow!

Any one have a case (or a few boxes) of 16ga. Ammo they can bring, that I can buy?

I can bring my zoli then and practice missing.

Jen and I wish you all a great time in the Catskills. We'd love to be with you this year but we blew our budget on a road trip to the Carolinas this year. Hopefully we can pull it together for 2018. I've got a special scatter gun in mind that will improve our chances for an "X" on the score sheet...

Cannon.jpg

Have fun guys...work and life (my daughter's first baby shower next weekend...yep going to be a grandfather in Sept!) have conspired to keep me away :(

Though I have been travelling heavily for work the outlook for an earlier albeit more modest retirement lifestyle is looking up significantly...life is tradeoffs and the last few years have been different that I had expected so please ENJOY on my behalf.

Pierre

8 hours ago, atticus said:

No reports and no updates??  

Good question.

The weather was near perfect, not to hot. The food was amazing, as always. The people were great to see again....although few in numbers. 

All may be quiet due to the pending protest of the twentyeight gauge challage by a foreign participant.

delahunter834

As Zoli said another great weekend.More food then we could eat.

I did well I shot my normal 98 out of 100.The 28 ga championship went to hayslope.I would have won but they wouldn't let use my 12 ga.

Nice to meet the new people,missed the ole timers that couldn't make it

cabin 3 was rather quiet for most part.Maybe because McFeely was not there.

Cabin 4 was the problem,cops called thee times.Heyslope keep yelling I won , Gunsrus keep yelling no I won.

The event will be held July 13,14&15 in 2018 .If someone is getting married ,a family reunion or passing ask them to change the date so you can attend.

Thanks to pole kitty for putting this thing together

Wow Dick you have really improved since I seen you because then it was 8 or 9 out of 100. xD

delahunter834
1 hour ago, PartridgeCartridge said:

Did Dennis bring his Love Machine?

No Dennis. Off with his son.

Fire Marshal Bill
5 hours ago, dogrunner said:

Wow Dick you have really improved since I seen you because then it was 8 or 9 out of 100. xD

This year that "honor" belongs to me. Lol  I couldn't hit the side of a barn from 20 feet away. But Al (gunsrus) gave me some really good advice, find a new hobby!!! Ha,ha.