Names for first born

PC,

I can't help but chuckle, my wife and her mom are both strong German women.  My father-in-law has joked about that name quite oftern.

Ryan

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• topdog1961

• MSchafer

• ryangrouse

• Brad Eden

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sue

Donald, Brad, or Cooter. 

I guess "Adolf" is not on the table?   How about ... ugh... Window?

1 hour ago, GraceinVA said:

Sue

I wondered how long it would take till someone proposed this! 

Along that same train of thought, "Cash Anderson" has a cool ring to it. 

1 hour ago, quailguy said:

To me a child is the God given continuation of family. A name from a well respected male ancestor would be one to reflect upon. And yeah, my family is Scots so there's a helluva lot of Alexanders and Williams, both from medieval Scot's kings. As Brad suggested, having a good nickname can be important, too.

Interesting that you bring up the Scot connection associated with Alexander.  MTRookie76 is an Alexander and was named after his maternal grandfather who was born in Scotland.

I also wondered how long until 'Sue' cam up with this group!  Love it! 

No real suggestions for you though.  We had a girl name, didn't find out.  First born was a boy and he remained nameless for 2 days.  Named him Ryan:D

Got to use the girl name next.

Those poor kids that have one of the top ten names for a particular year! "Teacher calls out a name in class and 3-4 kids with that name look up". Why do poeple want to name their kids after movie stars and such.

Real good advise is to look into the family tree...name of a great grandfather or great uncles. Then the little guy will be an individual!

As mentioned; Graham, also Trevor, Zachary (Zack)....Bradchevy (That's what people will call him anyhow if you name him Bradford or they will call him Bradley even if you name him Bradford, trust me.)

Two of nephews are named Atticus and Dexter. Took some getting use to. My other two nephews are named Griffin and Miles, also took some getting use to. 

I named my son Leo in tribute to my Maternal Grandmother Leota.  She was one of my favorite people in the world and I like how talking to my boy makes me think about her.  I didn't want a common name as I think a unique name makes you stand out a little more.  My other choice was Griffin.  I made the mistake of telling my sister that and I ended up with a nephew named Griffin about 3 months before my son was born.

I've always liked Michael . I do like different names so I understand where you're coming from . My daughter is Michaelyn , she was an exceptional athlete and Mike it is today . Makes people always turn their heads and second guess . I have to think when trying out for other teams and College recruiting , the name stood out . Good luck . 

My four sons are named Taylor, Benton and Lee and Lewis are the twins all are old family names and not super common but not very out there either. Plus you get some family points by using the old family names. My first grandson is named Helix and that took this old guy a little getting used to. Congratulations!

Ralph

Talk about ethnic, I know a fellow who (ITalian) named his first son Primaro (or First). I'm sure you guessed the name of his second son....Secondo.

about Jack....Jack Anderson. I like that one.

OK, write all the names you like on equal sized pieces of paper. Put them in a container, shake vigorously, and pick one out. That's a fair and reasonable method for anyone who can't decide. Who can argue with that. (Do not include the name Sue.)

I like IAN. Worked for an old timer some years ago named Ai. A biblical named and pronounced just as the individual letters sound.