Names for first born

Another name I always liked was my paternal grandfathers Jess. Actually it was Jesse but his entire life he was Jess.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• topdog1961

• MSchafer

• ryangrouse

• Brad Eden

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sue

Donald, Brad, or Cooter. 

I guess "Adolf" is not on the table?   How about ... ugh... Window?

We couldn't come up with a name for our first son, and then one day my wife got a phone call that was a wrong number.  The person asked for Eric.  After she hung up she thought about it, and decided that Eric was there after all, but the caller was about 3 months too early.

6 hours ago, Fishnfowler said:

We couldn't come up with a name for our first son, and then one day my wife got a phone call that was a wrong number.  The person asked for Eric.  After she hung up she thought about it, and decided that Eric was there after all, but the caller was about 3 months too early.

whats that old joke about the chief naming the new born braves after the first thing he sees after the birth 

• 2 weeks later...
Mark Stella/WV

"Oak". 

I had planned to name my next son "Oak McKinnley". Oak being a strong unusual name and McKinley being the middle name of my father-in-law. Nickname would have been Oakey. 

My two daughters have somewhat different names, "Autumn Brooks" and "Hatteras McKenzie" 

I really like the name Joel Anderson.  Rolls off the tongue easy.

Joel Ryan Anderson even better.

As mentioned earlier, the Bible is a good source of names or you could google important historical figures and come up with some good ones.  I have two boys, Freddy and Henry.  My wife named Henry.  A combination of a dog mine that she loved and Longfellow.  Frederick, because she had never met a Freddy she didn't like.