REGISTERING FOR MEMBERSHIP ON UPLAND JOURNAL Read more... ×
Diver

Hunting camper for retirement

bmeador

My wife and I decided, after much debate and discussion,  to purchase a small travel trailer to use for our home base for hunting, fishing, floating and beach fun. Our requirements - walk-around queen bed and nice-sized bathroom with shower.  We got an 18 footer. We don't spend much time at all inside while on a trip. First Up with curtains over table and another over fire pit gives us more than enough room outside in any but the worst of weather!  We tow with a Tundra double cab, 8 foot bed with insulated shell. Stack a 2 hole box on top of a 3 hole Owens box in bed against cab. Slam latches allow opening doors with a rod, no climbing in and out. Perfect rig IMHO.  

UplandHntr

Congrats! Can I ask what make/model you got?

henryrski

Tundras have 8foot beds??

Dave Quindt

Stumbled over this vendor via a BBQ forum, of all places.  I know nothing about them, but I like what I see here in terms of build materials.  The option for a 4" lift would be nice, but the underfloor insulation would probably be a must-have for fall use, as aluminum can be a big heat sink.  I can see how how it would be a nice unit to hunt out of.

http://aluminumtoyhauler.com/

FWIW,

Dave