REGISTERING FOR MEMBERSHIP ON UPLAND JOURNAL Read more... ×
bmeador

Hockey Tonight

Ben Hong

I am not at all happy with the Habs' situation. Sergaechev is a surefire top 3 defenceman and will help the Lightning for decades. Drouin may or may not produce in Montreal and is his mental make-up  strong enough to stand the intense scrutiny in his hometown. Radulov will be every bit as productive as Drouin and letting  Markov walk was a crime that will keep on taking. Montreal will be just a one man team again. Go Cary!

Big Al

I agree with you about the Habs.  I think the switch from Radulov to Drouin is a wash right now and they don't have a go to top line center idenitfied yet.  Even though I hated to see Dru leave a potential top tier d-man in return is pretty sweet.  They are hard to come by. 

jeff88

Not sure where the Pens are for a 3rd line center, losing Bonino is big.  He put in a lot of minutes and was clutch on both ends.  Losing Kunitz was also big, talk about clutch plays, he and Bonino were leaders as well.  Matt Cullen can be replaced but again, another great guy to have in the locker room.  This willbe a big year for many of the WB/Scranton recent call-ups.  Don't believe that the Caps/Pens will be 1 and/or 2 in the East, am picking PGH as the 5th seed this season on their side of the conferences.  Am still really impressed with Ottawa, Toronto has to have gotten better and those Rangers seem to be rising.  TB looks to me like the Beast of the East this season.

Ben Hong

Looking at the past 8-10 seasons, very few Cups were won by the Top of The League front runners during the interminable season. The Pens, LA, Chicago, etc. all had pretty disastrous regular seasons before they turned it on at the playoffs to win it all.

Big Al

And look at Nashville last season.  Wildcard to finals.

Ben, don't you ever sleep?

jeff88
9 hours ago, Ben Hong said:

Looking at the past 8-10 seasons, very few Cups were won by the Top of The League front runners during the interminable season. The Pens, LA, Chicago, etc. all had pretty disastrous regular seasons before they turned it on at the playoffs to win it all.

Agree.  Based on this, I hope the Pens don't win 1st seed in the East.  Has not helped the Caps or anyone else.  Two years ago the Pens roared into the finals from a long way back in the pack.  That seems to be the best way to get in.

Ben Hong
10 hours ago, Big Al said:

And look at Nashville last season.  Wildcard to finals.

Ben, don't you ever sleep?

Like the ad about a guy needing to drive his baby around in his car to lullabye the baby to sleep, I fall immediately and unconsciously to sleep as soon as my wife touches the ignition key. In all seriousness I get my quota of sleep but in 1 or 2 hour snatches at a time.

Chesepeakes_Man

I am looking forward to seeing the Leafs on ice soon. They are looking pretty good on paper but being a life long Leafs fan, we will see.

Go Leafs, Dale 

jeff88

Should have listed the CBJ's in the list of Eastern teams above, it was probably Freudian that I didn't.  Torts really torqued me off this last season.  He has a way of commenting that makes me want to see him get hit by a large bus going really fast.  That didn't start in Columbus, his comments with the Rangers got me going.  Meanwhile I also enjoy his stuff too - guess that's why the sports press loves him so much, they can't pull away their mikes when he can't help himself.

Big Al

Torts is the man.  The coach that led the Lightning to their only cup.  He can do no wrong.😀