REGISTERING FOR MEMBERSHIP ON UPLAND JOURNAL Read more... ×
bmeador

Hockey Tonight

Dogwood
5 hours ago, Ben Hong said:

Stayed up to the bitter end to see PK and the Preds survive the criminal assaults by the Ducks and stick it to them in OT. Insomnia is cured. The talking heads say that this is playoff hockey but Getzlaf and the Ruptured Ducks are thugs.

Don't forget my man Corey Perry.  Weasel.  Needs to kiss a stanchion.  Hard.

Dogwood

Sens!!!

jeff88

Sens did look really good last night.  Hope the Pens can find a way to keep the puck on their sticks or this will be a short series.  Seems the Caps took a chunk out of PGH's spirit.  

Marc

Let's see if the Sens can steal another one away from the Pens tonight!

Dogwood
33 minutes ago, Marc said:

Let's see if the Sens can steal another one away from the Pens tonight!

Steal?  Steal!!!  Just go out and beat 'em!

jeff88

Sens/Pens series is as tight as a drum.  Anderson and Fleury putting on a net-minder clinic.  Now the Pens need to steal one in Ottawa.  

MN Tonester

the Pens did it, with everybody's "favorite" scoring the only goal

Tom Avent

Man........I may have kick my own ass. I found myself pulling for the Pens last night. What the hell is wrong with me. I am also finding myself liking the little groundhog, Kessel.

Dogwood

Heard on espn that home ice offers no advantage in hockey.  I believe it

Ben Hong

The talking heads still want you to believe that for the benefit of feeding their traps with useless minutiae.

To be fair, it used to be an advantage when teams traveled by train.

jeff88
4 hours ago, Tom Avent said:

Man........I may have kick my own ass. I found myself pulling for the Pens last night. What the hell is wrong with me. I am also finding myself liking the little groundhog, Kessel.

I get it.  If the Sens go on, I'm rooting for them.  I actually like their team though it's not easy to watch as they rely on deadening the game versus playing up tempo.  Still I'll root for the team that beat mine as it lends credence to their effort.  Better to lose to the best than be beaten by a team that then loses to another.

Kessel is very popular by the PGH fans, in the locker room and among the coaches.  That is all he cares about. 

Big Al

Entertaining game last night.  Plus the correct team won.  The Johansen-Kesler feud is fun to watch.

The narrative by a lot of the Pens fans on the message boards is that the Senators games are boring.  I don't agree.  That game Monday was very exciting and it was interesting to see the different strategy being used by the coaches.  Granted the games are slower but to call them boring is wrong. IMHO.

jeff88
58 minutes ago, Big Al said:

The narrative by a lot of the Pens fans on the message boards is that the Senators games are boring.  I don't agree.  That game Monday was very exciting and it was interesting to see the different strategy being used by the coaches.  Granted the games are slower but to call them boring is wrong. IMHO.

Agree, game 2 was not at all boring, not to me anyway.  As for Pens fans in general, we watch a lot of games with far more chances going both ways which are more the norm to us.  To me, nothing was worse than some of the Devils and Panthers Cup teams that employed the trap which was an exercise in futility.  Marty Brodeur, as good as he was also had the good fortune to play in a system where they just clogged the lanes, held the opposing players and won by virtue of a quick counter attacks.  Another factor on Monday was how good Anderson and Fleury played - that 1-0 score had a lot to do with their individual performances.  Both are their teams MVPs as far as I'm concerned.

Sens are in a good position right now - no Schultz and Daily is still out too.  W/o Letang, Schultz and Daily the Pens are missing their 1, 2 and 3 dee men.  Losing Rust is also scary, he's a top line winger for Crosby and Malkin.  If the Pens can't figure out the 1-3-1 game, they will not make it past 6 games in this series with all the injuries and the Sens strong play.

Had to crack up at a couple of videos of Kunitz sitting between Kessel and Malkin on the bench - he was really enjoying himself as they went at it.  I really like that line, maybe they can start being called the Triple K Line as the Pens last year had the HBK Line.  Would also love to see Kunitz put one in soon, he's worked his @$$ off in each game and deserves a good result.

Ben Hong

I hate their guts, but the Sens DO NOT play boring hockey! My money is for the Sens and Preds to meet for the Cup. The Preds have 3 absolute world class players that can put a hurtin' on any team not playing 20% above their capability...PK, Rinnie, and Josey.

Big Al

And Forsberg