• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jeff88

• Ben Hong

• Big Al

• dogrunner

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What is surprising about the difference in playoff hockey vs regular season is that you would think with more eyes on TV screens the NHL would want to showcase talent, speed and the beauty of the game

Jeff your appreciation of the Canadian cultural influences in producing sensitive, tough and superbly athletic people is pretty bang on, but my Christ even we have to be constantly vigilant to prevent

If they assessed penalties with the same standards in the playoffs that they do in the regular season, I believe that there would be fewer of these incidents.  IMHO by "letting them play" something as

Fleury never recovered from the first goal. And, his team was still on the bus.

15 hours ago, Ben Hong said:

Fleury never recovered from the first goal. And, his team was still on the bus.

Spot on.  My take is the 1st three goals were not at all MAF's fault, the 4th one could argue it was.  My hat is off to Ottawa for coming out ready to rock and they surely did a number on the Pens.  If the Pens are not able to knock the cement off their boots and skate like they can, it'll be over for PGH in 5, maybe 6 games total.  Not helping that the Dee is so banged up with a very un-Pittsburgh-like transition game.

Wonder how well the Sens would be skating today had they gone through #4 Columbus and #1 Washington to get to round 3?  

As Pens manage to tie series, loud "whew" emanating from the greater Pittsburgh area last night.  On to the 'Burgh tomorrow for game 5.  Down another defense man but what else is new?

Preds beat Ducks in a fast, brutal, super exciting game. Rinnie is a GOALIE!!!!. Randy Carlyle showed little class in trying to goon it up when the game was out of reach with 1 minute to go. I love Getzlaf and Perry when they play for Team Canada, otherwise they are cheap shot artists.

Old time hockey that's good enough to lift me out of my seat and fan the hatred for the villains.

Ottawa might have shot their bolt.

Great game, Pecca kept the Preds in it long enough for them to finally score enough goals to win.  Honestly thought the Preds were toast after losing Johansen.  Forsberg is a force on the ice.  He's fun to watch. 

Team Canada playing in the championship game of the IIHF World Championships today against Sweden.  The game is on the NHL Network this afternoon.  They beat Russia yesterday in a game that Russia was controlling but Russia forgot that there are three periods.  Gave up four in the third to lose. 

I think I want Sweden to win.  Would be good for Victor Hedman's resume. 

5 hours ago, NelloR said:

GO SENS GO!!!!!

The only place they are going to is the golf course or the fishing camp. Like I said last night, the Sens have shot their last bolt! 6 zip Pens at the beginning of the third.

Sweden beat Canada in the world championships.  Great game.  1-1 tie end of overtime and Lindquist shuts the door in the shootout.  Hedman with Sweden's goal.  Good Lightning boy.

The Sens are out of gas.  I think the Preds matchup pretty good against the Penguins. 

That Swe/Can game was a barn burner...great hockey! Did I ever say I hate Shootouts? Despise them!

41 minutes ago, Ben Hong said:

That Swe/Can game was a barn burner...great hockey! Did I ever say I hate Shootouts? Despise them!

Unless the team is U-16, why on Earth would a World Championship game be decided with a shoot out?  Terrible idea.

Pens got all 4 lines going today, it's been all post season long that we fans waited to see that.  If Wingels doesn't miss the next game with that forearm shiver to Wilson's face especially on a sucker shot, the NHL should be deeply embarrassed.  No suspension means head-hunting in the NHL during the concussion era is just fine.  The Sens are a very dangerous team going into Ottawa, seems every blown-out team in this post season has responded well (except for Hawks in round 1).  

Rooting for 7 games for the West and both remaining games to go to double-OT!  Give the Eastern winner a more beat up & tired opponent to start.

On 5/21/2017 at 11:36 AM, NelloR said:

GO SENS GO!!!!!

Just wait, they're almost gone