• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jeff88

• Ben Hong

• Big Al

• dogrunner

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What is surprising about the difference in playoff hockey vs regular season is that you would think with more eyes on TV screens the NHL would want to showcase talent, speed and the beauty of the game

Jeff your appreciation of the Canadian cultural influences in producing sensitive, tough and superbly athletic people is pretty bang on, but my Christ even we have to be constantly vigilant to prevent

If they assessed penalties with the same standards in the playoffs that they do in the regular season, I believe that there would be fewer of these incidents.  IMHO by "letting them play" something as

If the Pens sullied the game, what would one call 4 goals against on 12 shots?  Did Rinne $#!+ the bed then?  Didn't see that in Ben's post above.  Casting aspersions based on the product of a single game is a dubious move at best toward either team.  Let's see games 2, 3 and 4 to make judgments about who is $#!+ing what.  Preds got two goals on the PP, that was some juggernaut.  Meanwhile a completely open Forsburg couldn't wait another 1/10 of a second to make sure he stayed on side, would one call that move out of the neutral zone "premature ejaculation"?   

Yes, the NHL refs sucked as they always do.  No, last night's game wasn't even in the top 20 2017 playoff games for bad reffing.  If the Preds and PK are so much better, then they can prove it tomorrow night in the 'Burgh.  They get a spit then they get home ice advantage.  

BTW, good to see two young guns in Sheary and Guentzel get back on the goals sheet.  

Let's go Pens!!!!!

Loudmouth Don Cherry calls out Pit for playing like they have no gas left in the tank (code for not giving a shit, judging from his tone and demeanor!)

3 hours ago, Ben Hong said:

Loudmouth Don Cherry calls out Pit for playing like they have no gas left in the tank (code for not giving a shit, judging from his tone and demeanor!)

Don't be dissen' Don Archie Bunker Cherry.

13 hours ago, dogrunner said:

That first goal was a Beauty.  

It was.  Beat Ollie like a rented mule.  My line for the play-offs has been "What's a Matta you!"  (Think Chico Marx.)

Goals 2, 3, 4 and 5 were beauties to Pens fans.  

No more carping from Preds fans about getting hosed on the offside video review permitted.  Now we are even.  On to Smashville to a revved up fan base starving for their 1st taste of Stanley Cup madness.

Let's go Pens!!!!!

I can really appreciate the fired up fan base in Nashville. If they were playing anyone else but the Pens I'd jump on their bandwagon.

If we weren't so short of healthy defensemen, Matta would be a healthy scratch.  I won't be surprised if he's gone after this season.  

The officiating still sucks! I think Milbury's analysis after the first period was spot on.  Bad penalty calls for infractions that weren't there and missed penalties that were obvious and right in front of the ref. Seems the officials are melting now that they're in the spotlight.

If Rinne played just average, we would be down 0-2.

4 hours ago, Wet Dog said:

I can really appreciate the fired up fan base in Nashville. If they were playing anyone else but the Pens I'd jump on their bandwagon.

If we weren't so short of healthy defensemen, Matta would be a healthy scratch.  I won't be surprised if he's gone after this season.  

The officiating still sucks! I think Milbury's analysis after the first period was spot on.  Bad penalty calls for infractions that weren't there and missed penalties that were obvious and right in front of the ref. Seems the officials are melting now that they're in the spotlight.

If Rinne played just average, we would be down 0-2.

Hard to not like a town getting their 1st taste of Stanley Cup fever - PGH was bananas in '91.  Matta is still really young at 23.  He's still learning and last night by not taking the body, hope he's figured that out.  I was dead wrong in a post above where I wrote the reffing favored the home team, last night's game a case in point of how far off that statement was.  The refs seemed like they worked extra hard to get a split in the series.  Murray won the game last night by stoning the Preds in periods 1 and 2.  The Pens caught fire in the 3rd the bingo wagon was off and running.

This one isn't over. As they say, you're not in trouble until you lose one on home ice.