Older classic cars and trucks.

On 7/30/2020 at 9:30 AM, dogrunner said:

Barn find. 

B5016A42-E190-4BD1-B2D0-44D55BDFECBE.jpeg

That was our family truck growing up - an Advernturer series,  yellow with white across teh bottom, and a sliding rear window that we'd crawl thru to ride in the bed. Also had the "period-correct" spring loaded cowboy hat holder mounted to the roof of the cab!

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• dogrunner

• Rockdoc

• Lurch

• chilly460

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Had to stop and look this over !  Just 12miles from home.

This thread brings back so many great memories! My late wife was hell on wheels! When we lived in San Francisco back in the mid-70’s I bought her a TR4, stick shift of course, which she drove all

I brought this home last summer. Loosened the engine up, fixed the timing180* off. Slowly going thru it. Needs floor pan and brakes overhaul. I hope to drive it by August.

Posted Images

7 hours ago, Lurch said:

That was our family truck growing up - an Advernturer series,  yellow with white across teh bottom, and a sliding rear window that we'd crawl thru to ride in the bed. Also had the "period-correct" spring loaded cowboy hat holder mounted to the roof of the cab!

I had to crawl through a GMC. 

My coworker owned this chevelle back in the early 80s, then let it get away. He purchased it back again and just got done with a complete frame-off restoration of it a couple weeks ago in time for his daughter's wedding last weekend.

chevelle.png

Jakeismydog2
17 hours ago, dogrunner said:

4E5B1099-9BAD-401A-91A5-BAD7FB96CF92.jpeg

EA58E3C0-D955-45C8-8595-53A9C4BC149A.jpeg

0BD36DDC-0687-404B-A01F-39BA53788A44.jpeg

The classics are more fun to look at... but that is the one I really would prefer to drive.

16 hours ago, walt lister said:

Advanced Four Wheel Drive in Utah converted this E350 for me in 1996.  Made the mistake of having the small V8, not enough power for 7100 lb van. Sold it.

https://s77.photobucket.com/user/wlis/media/van1001.jpg.html

van1001.jpg

Yes back then the 302 and 351 didn't have much power for all that weight and big tires. 

On 8/5/2020 at 6:21 AM, dogrunner said:

1BEAF647-BBB5-4712-8881-146EA707DAD8.jpeg

DE6ABE4E-F00B-49E8-B420-7B8ACBF939EA.jpeg

Hmm, it's actually a small block Ford and not another Chevy swapped early Ford.  On top of that, you generally don't see supercharged Fords as the distributor cap up front interferes with the blower drive....very cool.  

Saw the attached Video on another forum, it shows automobile production by country from 1950 - present:

Dave in Maine

Interesting.  I saw France hanging around all those years and all I could think was "all those Peugeots.  How is the a place in the world for so many ungainly cars?"