REGISTERING FOR MEMBERSHIP ON UPLAND JOURNAL Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

Truck bed drawer systems?

I'm looking hard at a Decked system for my truck... Currently an open bed with a toolbox, I want to replace the box with a drawer system. 

Daily driver that I work out of (carpentry) and I hunt/trial/camp out of it (will get a dog box on top, and some of the drawer contents swapped out. 

I have low interest in a camper, at least right now...

Jakeismydog2

I have a topper. I often wish I had gone with the decked system instead of the topper. However I assume if I bought the decked system I would often think I wish I bought the topper. 

If I didn't work out of it like I do, I'd want a topper. But overall a topper isn't an option for my lifestyle. 

Although, I think I want one a few times a week. Lol

BIGSP

I have the TruckVault System.  I love it and couldn't imagine having a truck without in the future.

WhatsDaPoint

I have the decked system and love it. Installed it myself, even though instructions say you need two people.

i have a topper and two dog boxes. System would be fine without a topper as well. 

If anyone goes the topper route, be sure to get windoors on the side of the topper, so you can access things from the side. 

Dick Sellers

Here's a home made system that has worked well for me the past 14 years.  The platform and draws slide out easily if I need to have full use of the bed.  Whole thing (not counting the topper) cost about $150.

P9200025.JPG

P3100028.JPG

henryrski

BIGSP, what year is your truck vault. I have an old one and was looking at the new ones but they don't have the side boxes like mine.

BIGSP
2 hours ago, henryrski said:

BIGSP, what year is your truck vault. I have an old one and was looking at the new ones but they don't have the side boxes like mine.

I have a brand new one.  Not sure what you mean by the "side boxes".

Chukarman

I have an F350 with a 6' 8" bed. I put a full length Bedslide in, mounted the water tank and truck booxes with drawers on the bed slide, and I have room for a pair of dog boxes and camper OR a 4 box dog topper. The Bedslide is an excellent option for using the whole bed without sacrificing the topper.

Dogwood
16 hours ago, Chukarman said:

I have an F350 with a 6' 8" bed. I put a full length Bedslide in, mounted the water tank and truck booxes with drawers on the bed slide, and I have room for a pair of dog boxes and camper OR a 4 box dog topper. The Bedslide is an excellent option for using the whole bed without sacrificing the topper.

Could you please post a photo of your set-up?

fourtrax57

Bought the Decked system. Put a topper over it wit 4 crates inside & the Windoors. If you hang a topper over the "Decked" system (or any bed filler) add some height to the topper.

I went with a topper 6" taller than the cab & was lucky thing I did.

henryrski
On 8/18/2017 at 8:47 PM, BIGSP said:

I have a brand new one.  Not sure what you mean by the "side boxes".

On my older Truck Vault there are two "saddle boxes" that sit in the space behind the wheel wells. It also has 4 individual boxes forward of the drawer platform

Chukarman
On 8/19/2017 at 1:20 PM, Dogwood said:

Could you please post a photo of your set-up?

I have no photo of the truck rear that adequately shows the setup. Here are a couple of Googled images:

bedslide-2000-pro-hd.jpg

BEDSLIDE_HD_1024x1024.jpg

uplandave

The Bedslide unit looks pretty interesting. I got on Craigslist and found numerous ones in various condition and prices. Good luck, Dave 

Moomps

It's not really a drawer system, but for those of you with a topper, I recently purchased an item called a Cap Pack.  It fits up under the roof of the topper and slides out like a drawer from there.  it's mounted to the inside roof with four bolts and can handle about a hundred pounds of guns and other hunting stuff.  It has 2 locks and keeps all my stuff nice and secure.  I also have plenty of room for dog crates and lots of other equipment in the bed of the truck.