Weekend Brew...what r u enjoying tonight?

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• dogrunner

• Jazz4Brazo

• Clueless1

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I do. Have for years. Lately it's mostly light German lagers like Helles, Helles Bock, and Pilsners. My garage and basement have three refrigerators dedicated just to brewing. Sometimes I'll brew an A

Guinness is to beer what grouse is to birds...the one and only King

An ice cold Corona. 

Posted Images

On 7/28/2017 at 7:50 PM, Brad Eden said:

Leinenkugels Grapefruit Shandy. It's embarrassing but I'm beyond caring.

I went to school in Wisconsin just outside of Chippewa Falls. Jake Leinenkugel the old president of Leines used to show up at the local college watering holes and pick up the tab on Friday night and pass out free hats and t-shirts etc.  He is a legitimately nice guy from my interactions with him.  A few years after college I was getting paid to be a part of a focus group on beer (paid to drink beer and give my opinion....my dream job).  They were bringing out all these fruity beers.  When they let us know that it was Leinenkugels that was releasing them.  I let them know that I just couldn't square Leinie's selling 'girlie beer' as they had always been a small down Wisconsin brewery selling working mans beer in my mind.  I described bumping into Jake in college and how I didn't think selling 'wine coolers' squared with what Leinies was etc.  I think their more fruity beers are by far their biggest sellers now and why they have grown so large.....shows what I know.  At the end of the focus group Jake Leinenkugel popped his head in and let me know he was still buying if I was ever back in town. :)

Guinness is to beer what grouse is to birds...the one and only King:x

Sipping on a cup of sadness.  AKA Di-Hydrogen-Monoxide.

Been on a diet since last hunting season and lost over 20lbs.

The birds are going to be in a mess of trouble this season though.:ph34r:

9 hours ago, Jazz4Brazo said:

As long as it is the first thing I drink, otherwise it tastes like water........

braque du upstate

Momma did better than alright at the  store . Just killed  a random six pak/ mix match. DOGS ON the label or German.   Sam Adams Boston ale last night. Fat tire  six pack is on deck. My brother in laws good friend is a big wig with leinkugal. Lots of free beer. Never warned up to shandy. 

Dave Medema

Does anyone brew there own?

My son gave me a basic kit for Christmas and I've been in full production since then.  The info available online and the local sources for supplies make it stupid easy.  I'm drinking a Faux Fat tire now.  Yesterday, I bottled a case of faux NewCastle Brown.  $3/6pack and the stuff is really good.  

I have been drinking pretty much local brew this summer. New fav is Bent Paddle Bent Hop IPA.  In the fridge is Fulton Sweet Child of Vine, Summit,  a growler of Crusher IPA  from Cuyuna Brewery and the old stand by Two Hearted.  I don't drink a lot at home and do most of my beer drinking at local bars or breweries or while I'm up north.  I'll be headed to the North Shore next week and hope to try out a few of the small breweries up there.  Gotta do something to past the time until fall...

Irishwhistler
On 7/31/2017 at 7:56 PM, Jazz4Brazo said:

Pierre,

I must admit ye have outstanding taste in suds.  I rarely deviate from the perfection of the dark.  Kindly make me pint a Guinness.?

Slainte',

Mikey ?????

On 8/1/2017 at 5:52 AM, River19 said:

As long as it is the first thing I drink, otherwise it tastes like water........

What exactly are you drinking beforehand that makes a fine brew like Guinness taste like water :o

16 hours ago, Dave Medema said:

Does anyone brew there own?

My son gave me a basic kit for Christmas and I've been in full production since then.  The info available online and the local sources for supplies make it stupid easy.  I'm drinking a Faux Fat tire now.  Yesterday, I bottled a case of faux NewCastle Brown.  $3/6pack and the stuff is really good.  

I did before the kids were born.  16 years ago now.  I quit when I had a big pot going on the stove and my wife walked in the door 6 months pregnant, smelled the house and began puking.  I also had gotten to the point where I was just trying to make Sam Adams Boston Lager, then realized they already do:) 

My BIL now has most of my old equipment, and he's got a computer attached to his process.  It's actually quite amazing what he's been able to do.  If he has WIFI he can run his equipment from his phone if needed. 

11 hours ago, Jazz4Brazo said:

What exactly are you drinking beforehand that makes a fine brew like Guinness taste like water :o

Honestly damn near anything else.......Guiness has a very mild flavor so any hopped beer or modern stout or porter will render it water......IMHO......

Just finished a Beelzebub stout...pretty damn hoppy so I get your point...those two beers couldn't be any more different xD