Weekend Brew...what r u enjoying tonight?

1 hour ago, WhatsDaPoint said:

Philistine! Please send all Zombie Dust my way. 3 floyds is generally fantastic.  You can only buy 2 cases at the brewery per person. I have been known to take my Mom and aunts to lunch, so I can get more. 

When they announce Zombie Dust is in stock, it sells out before the end of the day. 

Tell them you can have my 2 cases. B|

I'm old and grew up on generic beers. I don't want my beer to taste like lemonade or oranges or watermelon or lime or so hoppy that my nostrils  flair or so unfiltered that I'm drinking lumps.  I like my beer to taste like......ah........beer. But then like I said, I'm old and don't have a sophisticated palate. It got ruined on the 99 cent beers long ago. :D  

BTW there are several liquor stores  around that sell 3 Floyds . My kid buys it local all the time, even Zombie Dust.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• dogrunner

• Jazz4Brazo

• Clueless1

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I do. Have for years. Lately it's mostly light German lagers like Helles, Helles Bock, and Pilsners. My garage and basement have three refrigerators dedicated just to brewing. Sometimes I'll brew an A

Guinness is to beer what grouse is to birds...the one and only King

An ice cold Corona. 

Posted Images

Worked on my quail land today. Mowing and such.

It is a Hot day in jawja, so when finished I mixed a little Uncle Jack with a touch of water and ice.  

Maybe more than a little.

I'm big on Trillium and Tree House IPAs these days.  If you're not from Massachusetts, and not into IPAs, it won't mean much to you.  If you are a beer nut, these are high on the holy grail list....

I liked the label and picked up a 6 pack of this at Whole Foods. Not great but not bad either. SA Octoberfest will be next. 

IMG_3669.JPG

I found a beer here at the local IGA in Deer Lodge called "Irish Death" made by Iron Horse Brewery in Ellensburg WA. It's described as not a porter or a stout but rather a dark smooth ale. Whatever it is it sure is good. Only one problem for me, I'm a cheap drunk and this stuff has a 7.8% alcohol content!

Steve

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/17/2017 at 6:25 PM, Virgil Kane said:

Tell them you can have my 2 cases. B|

BTW there are several liquor stores  around that sell 3 Floyds . My kid buys it local all the time, even Zombie Dust.

Drinking Zombie Dust and chasing doodles. Pretty good weekend. 

Mr Clown won’t get Virgil, but he may get his son😁

EAD9C066-8AF3-4BB1-AA28-410A610E137E.jpeg

pa'tridge hunters

I had a Geaghan's Bangor Brown Ale at dinner last night. It tasted like what iodine smells like. Needless to say I didn't have another.

Opening a growler of Hill Farmstead "Mary" tonight.  Last night it was Hill's "Marie".  

Fort Hill Brewery's Farmer's Fresh - I love beer but not what it does to my waistline but I came up to MA tonight for a meeting tomorrow and decided to try something we don't get down in ol' Virginny. Not disappointed at all. 

My wife and I traveled to NY for our anniversary this weekend and visited Niagara Falls(Canucks got the pretty side and have ruined it), Letchwood State Park(#1 state park in US), and the Naval Museum in Buffalo.  I don't remember where I had it, but I did have 1 beer there in thoughts of "woodcock guys on UJ".  It was a "Woodcock Brothers Brewing Company" Amber Red Head.  The woodcock part is what sold it to me....It looked like I would have been in some prime woodcock country, although I don't know if I was or not.

To all the NYers.....You have a beautiful state!!  In my mind, NY was all "city", but it is actually far from it.