How much coffee do you drink?

During the week since the mornings are hectic, I brew a 12 cup pot ever other day. Usually drink 2 travel size 'cups' (total of 32 oz) a day. On the off days, just reheat and go. One the weekends, I brew a 12 cup pot each day, and usually there is only a tad left over, if any. I grind the beans on the weekends too.

I take it black, with a teaspoon of brown sugar, just to take a little of the bitterness edge off. 

This is how I brew it on the stove top....

Cowboy Coffee

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• terrym

• charlo slim

• Ben Hong

• jeff88

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well, there are therapists who can help you with that......

I use that method too, when I'm making coffee just for myself.   Otherwise the drip coffee maker with ground coffee and the same filter does exactly the same thing for multiple cups of coffe

Drink or mainline?

Posted Images

Eric Rinehart

I drink 4-5 cups a day.  1-3 in the morning, 1 in the afternoon and 1 with dinner or in the evening (on the porch with a fire preferably).  I was doing an electric perk pot with Dunkin Donuts or Eight  O'Clock, but last fall switched over to a Keurig.  My wife has started drinking something like coffee (cream and sugar with some coffee in it) and likes different things so we went with a Keurig.  So far, so good.  

Coveyrise64
2 hours ago, terrym said:

Well, there are therapists who can help you with that......

Never saw a need for stimulants.....only leads to rehab! :ph34r:

4 to 6 cups a day.  I drink it when I want it.  It used to be more, but I have just kind of tapered off...not because I tried to, just have.

Virgil Kane

Lightweights, all of ya. :D

I use to make 2 twelve cups pots in a Mr Coffee every day and drink both myself 5 days a week at work morning noon and night, God knows how much on weekends.

I've cut back the last few years and only drink one 12 cup pot of coffee a day now. Business has slowed down and I don't need as much rocket fuel these days like I did when I worked 14-16 hour days.

Just strong and black thank you !

Virgil

2 hours ago, charlo slim said:

Too damn much if I'm not careful. Exactly NONE after mid-morning is about right if I hope to sleep that night. 

And, yes, I do indeed follow my customary approach of using only the latest, greatest, exclusivest, techno-tactical equipment and ingredients.  To do

otherwise would be so.... well.... so common!

IMG_0764.thumb.JPG.3635e6c396568d832daa879a2803a32f.JPG

We have tried every way known to man on the fine art of crafting a good cuppa joe, but have always returned to the BEST method. Filtered. Amen.

2 hours ago, charlo slim said:

Too damn much if I'm not careful. Exactly NONE after mid-morning is about right if I hope to sleep that night. 

And, yes, I do indeed follow my customary approach of using only the latest, greatest, exclusivest, techno-tactical equipment and ingredients.  To do

otherwise would be so.... well.... so common!

I use that method too, when I'm making coffee just for myself.

Otherwise the drip coffee maker with ground coffee and the same filter does exactly the same thing for multiple cups of coffee. Granted, using the machine doesn't provide that smug feeling of being a proud Luddite.

6 minutes ago, Brad Eden said:

I use that method too, when I'm making coffee just for myself.

Otherwise the drip coffee maker with ground coffee and the same filter does exactly the same thing for multiple cups of coffee. Granted, using the machine doesn't provide that smug feeling of being a proud Luddite.

Brad, for 4 healthy sized (32oz) of cone filtered coffee we have the Melitta large #4 cone that fits on the accompanying thermos.  This is perfect for the wife and I to get enough for our daily fix.

After supper is tea, English breakfast tea if it's a western style supper, and Chinese oolong, or tiguanyin if it was a Chinese meal.

I switched from regular to decaf about 15 years ago.  I just couldn't stand the withdrawal headaches on the days I didn't drink any.  Don't miss the regular at all anymore.  Usually have about three mugs a day.  Two in morning and one in the evening.  

No luddite for me.  Push a button and out it flows.

IMG_0866.JPG

charlo slim
22 minutes ago, Brad Eden said:

Granted, using the machine doesn't provide that smug feeling of being a proud Luddite.

What is a proud Luddite, Brad? Is that the same as being a miserable cheapskate?  Never mind, I'll just ask Mr. Google or maybe even ask that irritating lady on  my smart phone -- what's her name, Skanki, Scabbi, something like that anyway?  And how does your fancy schmancy machine work in camp, by the way?

I tried it once, accidentally, almost 40 years ago. I have tried it every ten years or so and have the same question - "why would anyone drink this swill?"

3 hours ago, charlo slim said:

Isn't that one of those things women use to help aim when they're out fishing in a boat and need to pee in a coffee can?